FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Seat Heaters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My car came with leather seats and my wife wants the seat heaters. I have ordered a couple of sets, with the dual level controls. Has anyone installed these ? The job looks a bit involved. I don't have the hog ring pliers, but I may use cable ties instead, to reattach the covers.
the factory cloth seats come apart with clips... no pliers needed.

not sure about the leather though.
thanks
Sorry Tony i know i said i will post instructions but never had a chance to do it. So here it goes:

As i have said on my post i just bought the really cheap crappy tire ones and took it apart. the ones you got are probably the expensive ones, either way the process is the same i guess.

one thing you should be careful is to make sure the pads will not burn the leather. I know there has been some cases of VW leather seats burning off because of dealers installing cloth pads on leather seats, Apparently the leather ones should be different. Anyways that shouldn’t matter on our cars. Hopefully.

Step 1:
Remove the seat and unplug the seatbelt harness. My car didn’t come with side airbags so I was ok, Not sure if you have them or not.

Step 2: Remove all the plastic shields on the right hand side of the seat. All should be screwed with Phillips screws or just snapped on.[Image: 113_1357.jpg]

Step 3: You should have two pads, One for the bottom and one for the back part of the seat. Start by removing the cover off the bottom part of the seat. There should be two snap on plugs in the front part of the seat and a string attached to it. Remove the plugs and loosen the string. This should loosen up the front part of the seat. I never removed the whole cover because it seemed easier this way. Just slide the pad in and make sure you push the wires all the way to the back.[Image: 113_1356.jpg]
[Image: 113_1367.jpg]

Step 4: if you look at the back of the seat there should be a black moulding that attaches the front cloth part with the back vinyl part. This is sort of pressure fed and it will try pry apart. Take the whole seam apart. This will allow you to slide the pad to the back side of the seat. [Image: 113_1361.jpg][Image: 113_1362.jpg]

Step 5 Next should be the wiring, this should be pretty simple, just route the wires so the go under the seat or on the side where you took the plastic cover off. I dont know what kind of a swith you have but here is mine[Image: 113_1359.jpg]

I just hooked the wires to 15A fuse. I have a car starter so i made sure that the power only goes on when the car is on.

Hope this helps you a bit. I wrote this up really fast and i'm sure it makes sence to me and no one else :)

Sorry guys, Let me know if you have any other questions.
red x's for pics dood. :(
does anyone know what to use to Host pics, and it cannot be Imagestation, they suck
this would be a good how to, really I mean that as I'd more then likely think about this in the coming future after I get the cruise controls working in my car....... as I just have the buttons there only lol....
mo_focus,Oct 14 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:does anyone know what to use to Host pics, and it cannot be Imagestation, they suck
[right][snapback]149170[/snapback][/right]

I use photobucket.com check 'em out. B)
bcfocus,Oct 15 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:
mo_focus,Oct 14 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:does anyone know what to use to Host pics, and it cannot be Imagestation, they suck
[right][snapback]149170[/snapback][/right]

I use photobucket.com check 'em out. B)
[right][snapback]149265[/snapback][/right]

ditto
hey make sure you use proper double sided tape as my heated seat recall has yet to be done in my car--- oops ford forgot to put in the TAPE - lol -lol -lmao!!!
pics are posted again
My heaters just came, but I will not have the install time till next weekend. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures. My kit came with multi level control switches that I will be locating in the stock console location. I will have to purchase a forsner drill bit. to do a nice job.

Was the gum your on the job snack? :P :P
TonyDee,Oct 17 2005, 01:52 PM Wrote:My heaters just came, but I will not have the install  time till next weekend. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures. My kit came with  multi level control switches that I will be locating in the stock console location. I will have to purchase a forsner drill bit. to do a nice job.

Was the gum your on the job snack? :P  :P
[right][snapback]149592[/snapback][/right]

Looks like some Timmies was, then the gum to get rid of the evidence from the wifey. :lol:

Can't wait to see your mod, the controls mounted near or on the stock area would be nice to see integrated.
haha, no man, that was just the empty garbage, i usually throw everything in the back seats until i have time to clean the car. and the bag was from timmis, correct :)