FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cell Phone Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple questions..

My buddy got a datacable for his Moto-V220. but it didnt come with software. Where can i get the software i need to run it.

also, where in the GTA can i get a datacable cheap for my Samsung A680. it seems to be on its last life. and i gotta get all my pictures, phone numbers and ringtones saved.

thanks.
only thing I can say is ask Paolo.
ebay!!!
for the cable

software, do a searh on the net and it will probly list a prgram
yeah my buddy got one of ebay...

but Raine or Paolo should chime in soon with your answer.
scoobasteve,Oct 13 2005, 04:21 PM Wrote:Couple questions..

My buddy got a datacable for his Moto-V220. but it didnt come with software. Where can i get the software i need to run it.

also, where in the GTA can i get a datacable cheap for my Samsung A680. it seems to be on its last life. and i gotta get all my pictures, phone numbers and ringtones saved.

thanks.
[right][snapback]148824[/snapback][/right]

You can do a Google search on "BitPim" it's what I use with my LG camera phone to upload ringtones & photos (Yes, I'm a geek, sue me :P)

NefCanuck
i used bitpim with my bell phones.

i wanna get the most simplistic program for my buddy. sorta comp illiterate.
scoobasteve,Oct 13 2005, 04:48 PM Wrote:i used bitpim with my bell phones.

i wanna get the most simplistic program for my buddy. sorta comp illiterate.
[right][snapback]148846[/snapback][/right]

Latest bitpim (7.37?) is pretty simple, it does all the heavy lifting for you, including truncating the mp3's down to a file size the phone will take.

Only commercial program I've seen for this is Data Pilot and it sucks

NefCanuck
for Bellus phones? i have no idea what they use for data transfers to and from the phone, but try lookingf or that Bitpm program that everybody mentioned.

As for the Motorola V220, PM me when your next online, I have a program called P2k Tools that you can use to do all sorts of cool things to your 220 like uploading music, videos, wallpapers, changing menus arround, languages, etc... You can also look for Mobile Phone Tools but its not free software, but I can send u a *cough*link*cough* to it when you shoot me a message next time on msn.
Or you just say "Al, bring me P2K and Mobile Phone Tools on Saturday and I'll buy you a beer!" and Al will reply "Sure big guy, but it better be a good beer".

I'll have a copy for you at the cruise Steveo
Wicked!

Thanks guys.