FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dpfe Sensor....question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this something I can change myself??? I noticed some sputtering the other day around 3000rpm. EXACTLY the same type of sputtering I had when the last 4 went.

Can anyone help me???
is your Engine light on? If not could it be something else?
When my DPFE went, my egine light came on. Could it be a loose or bad spark plug or even wires?
How about something to do with the fuel pump and seding unit?

If it is the DPFE, yeah its pretty easy to repair. Just swap them. no special toold needed.
mo_focus,Oct 13 2005, 01:35 PM Wrote:is your Engine light on? If not could it be something else?
When my DPFE went, my egine light came on. Could it be a loose or bad spark plug or even wires?
How about something to do with the fuel pump and seding unit?

If it is the DPFE, yeah its pretty easy to repair. Just swap them. no special toold needed.
[right][snapback]148751[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Mo.

I've had the DPFE swapped a couple of times. CEL was thrown each time. This time it feels like a flutter in the engine. Noticable when accelerating on the highway and uphill arounf 3000rpm.

My car is a 2002 and as far as I know, they had the fuel punp problems resolved by then. I'm buing HardKore's wires off of him, so I'll try that. I'f not, maybe I'll swap the plugs out. The car has 93 k and as far as I know, they're the original plugs still.
DO you have any sort of shorty headers? If yes then it might be your cat getting plugged.

or this....

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=12957

Very easy to check. Pop the hood and look....lol
If I can do it, you can do it :P

CEL doesn't necessarily get thrown in some cases. Mine usually gets weird issues, goes back to normal, then the light. You might be in those weird cases.

I still don't know how you can kill that many sensors. You know my driving, yet I've only done mine twice (second time may have been unnecessary).

All that is important is what harness you have. The latest plug has a boxy end. There was an earlier version where the plug is a rounded rectangle. It should still be plug and play. Remind me to look at it tomorrow.