FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cars Running Like Sh!t
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My car is running horribly, no guts in the top end, less guts in the low end. takes forever to accelerate in 4th and 5 isnt even worth trying. engine feels likes its studdering. possible misfiring. what could be the cause of this? i had the DPFE change 5000kms ago and also the plugs were changed at the same time (problem searching) possibly wires?

i need this fixed before saturday, so i can make the cruise!

you had the fuel pump recall done?
Pull out your spark plug wires and see if theres any water building up in there. Sounds like what I was having....

After that Id check your MAF, ignition coil harness (see my thread on how to replace it)
no fuel pump recall

will check for water in plug area
maf is in the CAI, ill check the wires
and all other ignition related harnesses

how much do coils run and how much do wires run?
car has 48000 kms on it
FociPhil,Oct 13 2005, 10:59 AM Wrote:you had the fuel pump recall done?
[right][snapback]148713[/snapback][/right]

Good idea but the 2002's didn't have any fuel pump recalls that I know of. Could be that ****ing DPFE again.
S2,Oct 13 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:

Good idea but the 2002's didn't have any fuel pump recalls that I know of. Could be that ****ing DPFE again.
[right][snapback]148722[/snapback][/right]
fack i dont wann deal with it again, the first time i cheated and mase the comp throw the code by pluggin the vaccum line (the test) and then they replaced it and it worked fine. problem is im out of warranty now, will i have to pay even though they jsut fixed this?
Is the DPFE something I can change myself????

Does anyone know how to do it and how much it is.... I noticed some sputtering the other day and I think it may be going again.
You have a cai?

Check teh tubing also. Mine is Always coming apart and it will give these symptoms depending on how much it disconnected....
Flofocus,Oct 13 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:You have a cai?

Check teh tubing also.  Mine is Always coming apart and it will give these symptoms depending on how much it disconnected....
[right][snapback]148746[/snapback][/right]
never thought of that
im at work right now, im gonna pop the hood before i head home.
let us know what you find :D

Im hoping its an easy fix for ya
Flofocus,Oct 13 2005, 01:34 PM Wrote:let us know what you find  :D

Im hoping its an easy fix for ya
[right][snapback]148750[/snapback][/right]

me too!!!
if not, cruise in jeporady, cause i aint drving 350 kms on a facked motor.
Check out this thread also.....solved my symptoms you are describing

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=12957
Flofocus,Oct 13 2005, 01:55 PM Wrote:Check out this thread also.....solved my symptoms you are describing

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=12957
[right][snapback]148764[/snapback][/right]
*adds to list of things to check*

thanks
update:
Checked everything listed above...and nothing.
-did the DPFE test, still runs like s**t
-all harnesses in good shape
-no water near plugs
-plug wire ends all good
-CAI intact and type everywhere

i took my buddy out for a ride and he agreed that the car has no balls compared to normal. one other thing we both agreed on ws that the exhaust sound had change. it jsut didnt sound right. i had him rev the engine while i had my hand near the exhaust tip and it felt like the exhsut gases were sputtering, the rate of flow was changing. then i had him rev it with my hand over the intake filter, i could feel a little bit of air being pushed out. is that normal? not alot of air but a bit.

i dont have a shorty header but stil could my cat be plugged?? woudl these be symptons of a plugged cat?
any help here is appreciated, cause right now the niagara cruise isnt loooking to good for me.

edit: car has a date wiht the dealer tomorrow...hopefully they can find the problem. thing is they never have the parts instock. always next day, which is saturday.
ZX5focused,Oct 13 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:

fack i dont wann deal with it again, the first time i cheated and mase the comp throw the code by pluggin the vaccum line (the test) and then they replaced it and it worked fine. problem is im out of warranty now, will i have to pay even though they jsut fixed this?
[right][snapback]148728[/snapback][/right]

If it's the DPFE that went again its covered. All auto repairs in Ontario by law are covered for 1 year / 20,000km on non-consumables (and despite what Ford may try to tell you a DPFE ain't a consumable :P :lol:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 13 2005, 08:39 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Oct 13 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]148728[/snapback][/right]

If it's the DPFE that went again its covered. All auto repairs in Ontario by law are covered for 1 year / 20,000km on non-consumables (and despite what Ford may try to tell you a DPFE ain't a consumable :P :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]148905[/snapback][/right]
good to know, thanks, but i dont think that it is the problem
check o2 sensor to. I had exact same thing and after checking everything it was a stupid o2.

P.S. I never got a engine light either for it..
Dealer cant feel the problem...going in this afternoon to take tech for a ride.

this pretty much eliminates me from the cruise
Fuel filter??

ZX5focused,Oct 14 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Dealer cant feel the problem...going in this afternoon to take tech for a ride.

[right][snapback]149007[/snapback][/right]
ZTWsquared,Oct 14 2005, 11:46 AM Wrote:Fuel filter??

ZX5focused,Oct 14 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Dealer cant feel the problem...going in this afternoon to take tech for a ride.

[right][snapback]149007[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]149025[/snapback][/right]
hmm maybe
will get them to check it too

how often does the fuel filter need to be changed?
Pages: 1 2