FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What The .........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay..my car is brand new...well it only has 4800kms on it, and i went to start it after work and i took a bit to do so. I was turning over but not catching, then when it did start, it was running rougher than hell. I gave it some gas, then it settled down to "normal"....

what the hell??? why did it do that??

:blink:
Bad gas? Water in fuel? Plugged injectors? Did a squirrel burrow a nest in your air intake somewhere?
Maybe it's a Ford.
This happened to my car once or twice when it was new..... I say if it doesn't happen again then its an issolated issue but if it happens more often you should take it in..
Running 87 octane? Or premium?
euro_zx5,Oct 13 2005, 10:58 AM Wrote:Running 87 octane? Or premium?
[right][snapback]148712[/snapback][/right]

87 i guess....just regular everyday unleaded....
Slimsride,Oct 13 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]148731[/snapback][/right]

87 is what is suppose to go there. The octane level wouldnt cause this issue.....bad gas, yes...

My car does this all the time, runs ruff for the first few seconds then starts to be happy after a bit. :lol:

Flofocus,Oct 13 2005, 01:33 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Oct 13 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]148731[/snapback][/right]

87 is what is suppose to go there. The octane level wouldnt cause this issue.....bad gas, yes...

My car does this all the time, runs ruff for the first few seconds then starts to be happy after a bit. :lol:
[right][snapback]148748[/snapback][/right]
but ur car needs to be warm to run good....fricking turbos :lol:
Mine does this every few weeks. Never noticed any problems with it other than it being a little embarassing for your almost new car to be chugging away without catching
^^ YUP.....and i already get razzed enough by the guys at work, because i drive a ford, and a focus on top of that...
reset the ecu see what happens.

every once in a while my svt seems to have a fuel map glitch or something.

Tuesday leaving work...
i started it.. idled at 2700
exited parking garage.
decided it wanted to idle at 500
stalled.
started it up it was fine.

Slimsride,Oct 13 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:Okay..my car is brand new...well it only has 4800kms on it, and i went to start it after work and i took a bit to do so.  I was turning over but not catching, then when it did start, it was running rougher than hell.  I gave it some gas, then it settled down to "normal"....

what the hell??? why did it do that?? 

[right][snapback]148658[/snapback][/right]
Mine does the same thing from time to time, sits and turns over but not catching. give it a little gas just quick tap and poof it'll go.
really only on cold starts, When it is rather chilly outside. I think FocusFanatics has a huge post on this you could try searching again.
is this the DPFE sensor problem?

your car struggles for a bit at idle then stalls out? mine did that, plus it felt like it had zero power when I threw my foot to the floor...

if it is, free fixes :)
Slimsride,Oct 13 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:Okay..my car is brand new...well it only has 4800kms on it, and i went to start it after work and i took a bit to do so.  I was turning over but not catching, then when it did start, it was running rougher than hell.  I gave it some gas, then it settled down to "normal"....
[right][snapback]148658[/snapback][/right]
Used to happen to me too ... FWIW here's the advice I got from a Ford mechanic and I haven't experienced it since (not sure I buy it TBH) ... after turning the ignition on, wait a second or two before turning it to the 'start' position ... something to do with giving the fuel pump a little time to build pressure ... apparently more of a problem if the car's been sitting for a while.
Im sorry I have never run into this, but when I got my car I did the fuel pump recall..

the old style fuel pump struggled when i went over hills, and I found out that it collapsed or didnt run enough fuel to make the computer happy. Maybe you should get your recalls checked out if you havent already done that
Is your vehicle a 2005? If it is, there is a TSB on hard-start/no-start condition. Take your vehicle into the dealership, tell them the concern, and they'll perform the TSB; all they do is reprogram the PCM and that seems to cure the issue.

I work at a dealership, so every so often I spout useful information. :)
05-BLACK-ZX5,Jan 4 2006 Wrote:Is your vehicle a 2005?  If it is, there is a TSB on hard-start/no-start condition.  Take your vehicle into the dealership, tell them the concern, and they'll perform the TSB; all they do is reprogram the PCM and that seems to cure the issue.

I work at a dealership, so every so often I spout useful information.  :)
[right][snapback]163288[/snapback][/right]

That recall only applies to manual tranny '05 Focus though. If you have a hart start condition with the ATX, Ford has no solution available, I know because I asked because of a hard start problem I had when I first got the car in April and the temps went near zero.

NefCanuck
My 05 has done it a few times.. pissed me right off so i called the dealership to ask them what it may be and they simply stated its most likely bad gas/cold start/fuel filter... im not to worried about it tho, hasn't done it for a couple months now :)
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=x-small][COLOR=orange]I have an 05 mtx and work at a dealer and my car has done it since new. Reprogramed and didn't change anything, seems to do it more in the winter though. We have spent many hours diagnosing it and stil nothing. If you just hold the key, it will start but i know how annoying it can be. I also loose power at low rpm some times also and was told that the a/c compressor will come on unless you are on vents and it depends on the temperature too. There is no way to disable the feature either unless you want to disconnect the a/c all together.
F*U*E*L P*U*M*P

im on my second - yea for me!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2