FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Clutch Master Cylinder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
soo while i was giving the car a good in and out a few weeks ago and the other day, i noticed that my clutch master cylinder has begun "sweating" fluid from around the plunger. Now, i know that the clutch master is an issue on the SVT, but im not inclined to change it at the moment, it hasent dripped, only kinda damp. For the life of me i cant find the fill up for the dam thing and im beginning to think the brake master feeds the clutch master, am i a tard? or am i barking up the right tree lol
Yes, brake fluid powers your clutch :) Keep an eye on the brake fluid and you'll be fine. IIRC I did it on my winter wagon and it wasn't that hard, didn't cost much either.
when i go boost and change the clutch/flywheel im going to change all clutch related parts along with it
sonic_mikey,Apr 3 2010, 08:37 PM Wrote:when i go boost and change the clutch/flywheel im going to change all clutch related parts along with it
[right][snapback]304425[/snapback][/right]

Something quick, take your SVT clutch pedal cover off so the brake fluid doesn't screw up the rubber. Put it back when you fix it...you'll thank me later.
Yeah keep a close eye on it for leaks!!

The one we just took out today must have been leaking for quite a whlile.... i was able to scrape the clutch pedal down to bare metal with just a blade.
The last time it was done on that car the clips were installed on the wrong side, so we had to fight with those for ever. Only to end up breaking the line to the tranny, it was pretty rotten.

it hasent started leaking full out yet, just some mosture by the plunger, but i will deff keepa watch untill april
....but it is april
hardk0re,Apr 4 2010, 06:12 AM Wrote:....but it is april
[right][snapback]304457[/snapback][/right]

more specificlly after april 26th lol right after exams XD