FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transformers Geeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.. I know there are a few super geeks in here, so maybe someone is excited as I am.. I just went to walmart and got all of the new Transformers Alternators toys, discounted down to $9.92 (from $30).. these are 1:24th scale licensed car bodies that transform into articulated robots. When I saw these in the store I think I pooped a little..

Anyway, I got the Corvette Z06, Viper, RX-8, Jeep, Mustang and S200:
[Image: alternators.jpg]

Anyway, Walmarts across Canada should be getting these in as a new shipment, but wont last with the price marked down like that.
HOLY SMOKES!!!!

I needs to find a walmart asap!

I was at the chinese mall the other day, and they had a few G1 Takara transformers there including Blitzwing, Thrust, Optimus Prime, and Mirage.

Not to mention a $250 1:55 scale Robotech toys... SOOO SWEET
AWESOME DEAL!!!

gotta love the grimlock mustang
Raine,Oct 12 2005, 08:40 PM Wrote:AWESOME DEAL!!!

[right][snapback]148541[/snapback][/right]

SWEET
darkpuppet,Oct 12 2005, 05:29 PM Wrote:I was at the chinese mall the other day, and they had a few G1 Takara transformers there including Blitzwing, Thrust, Optimus Prime, and Mirage.
[right][snapback]148537[/snapback][/right]

If you're looking for G1 reissues, check out Toys R Us.. they were the exclusive retailer for the reissues and should have them marked down to clearance since the line is supposed to be done. Not likely you'll find an Optimus Prime though..

Oh yeah, and the upcoming Alternators series will have an RSX and Dodge Ram SRT10. Also the Subaru WRXs (stock silver form and WRC blue/yellow car) from the first series should be marked down to 9.92 also.
Raine,Oct 12 2005, 07:40 PM Wrote:AWESOME DEAL!!!

Hell no, as a G1 Transformers fanboy I see that Ford Mustang with the name Grimlock attached to it and that damn dimwitted G1 Autobot's voice pops into my head :angry:

Me Grimlock say "Ford: First On Race Day"

Argh....

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 12 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:
Raine,Oct 12 2005, 07:40 PM Wrote:AWESOME DEAL!!!

Hell no, as a G1 Transformers fanboy I see that Ford Mustang with the name Grimlock attached to it and that damn dimwitted G1 Autobot's voice pops into my head :angry:

Me Grimlock say "Ford: First On Race Day"

Argh....

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]148577[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Grimlock ruled even though he was slow :lol:
how do you guys remember that stuff, that hasn't been on the television since the 80's. What were those decepticons that were those construction vehicles that joined together, there were like 5 of them to make a giant robot, anyone rememeber? that thing was cool!
crazikev,Oct 13 2005, 12:06 AM Wrote:how do you guys remember that stuff, that hasn't been on the television since the 80's.  What were those decepticons that were those construction vehicles that joined together, there were like 5 of them to make a giant robot, anyone rememeber? that thing was cool!
[right][snapback]148608[/snapback][/right]

<geek hat on>
the individual robots were called Constructicons and the giant robot they turned into was called Devastator.
<geek hat off>

if you want to see the series allover again it's available on DVD now.

Laterz :)
K_OS,Oct 13 2005, 10:27 AM Wrote:
crazikev,Oct 13 2005, 12:06 AM Wrote:how do you guys remember that stuff, that hasn't been on the television since the 80's.  What were those decepticons that were those construction vehicles that joined together, there were like 5 of them to make a giant robot, anyone rememeber? that thing was cool!

<geek hat on>
the individual robots were called Constructicons and the giant robot they turned into was called Devastator.
<geek hat off>

[right][snapback]148644[/snapback][/right]

My friend downloaded all the movies and episodes off the net :D

Anyone rememeber voltron and thundercats :lol:
the fact that they reusing names sucks.. grimlock is a dinosaur (or maybe they're saying something about the new stang?). sideswipe is a lamborghini (now a new sideswipe being a murcielago would be sweet!).. .

I can get my hands on all the g1 transformers if I wanted to.. only problem is that I can't let myself start buying this stuff. It breaks my heart because I love transformers so much, and it's a part of my childhood, but the fact is.. once I start, I won't stop, and I haven't the space or need for all those transformers.
Kool_ZX3,Oct 13 2005, 07:54 AM Wrote:
K_OS,Oct 13 2005, 10:27 AM Wrote:

<geek hat on>
<geek hat off>

[right][snapback]148644[/snapback][/right]

My friend downloaded all the movies and episodes off the net :D

Anyone rememeber voltron and thundercats :lol:
[right][snapback]148651[/snapback][/right]

BWAHAHHAHAHAH, THUNDERCATS......

um....wonder twins were awesome.....pfffffffffftttttttt
Some how I see my Brother running to wal-mart to buy them for that price....... seeing as he is majorly into Transformers.
Kool_ZX3,Oct 13 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:Anyone rememeber voltron and thundercats  :lol:
[right][snapback]148651[/snapback][/right]

Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats I enjoyed them all but the one that I would not miss an episode of was Robotech. Robotech was awsome great animation with a good storyline.

crazikev,Oct 13 2005, 01:06 AM Wrote:how do you guys remember that stuff, that hasn't been on the television since the 80's.  What were those decepticons that were those construction vehicles that joined together, there were like 5 of them to make a giant robot, anyone rememeber? that thing was cool!

Well, I was a major TF G1 fanboy in the day (Even saw the movie in the theatre when it first came out) and had a boatload of the toys (When I think of how I basically dumped em for pennies on teh dollar when we moved in the late '80's I cry)

Bought the movie twice (Once when it hit VHS and again when it hit DVD, but the DVD is the American release with Spike's "Oh s**t!" exclamation intact and bought all the season box sets as well (The series takes a real steep nosedive in Season 3)

Ah the memories :lol:

NefCanuck