FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Addition To My Signature.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys I have some new for yaa for the 1st time ever I am the owner of a vehicle that Is not a domestic. I bought a Vee Dub a MK3 Golf 4 Door. I'll be putting my Jeep Libery Renegade up for sale around mid July. (send pm's now if interested) I was looking around for a vehicle for under $3000, I found a couple of Foci but then I saw this car on Vortex. I was suppose to see a focus one eveing but the guy stiffed me so I called the guy with the Vee Dub saw it and gave him a depoist and picked it up the next day. It needed a lil TLC But its out of the shop and still way under my $3000 budget. Main reason for the jump $1000 cheaper on insurance, gas milage and well overall cost so I can start a Wedding / Bike,Stang Fund ;)

Well here are the pics
Pop Quiz Who can tell me what has been changed on the front end?

[Image: Profile.jpg]

[Image: golffront.jpg]

[Image: driverfender.jpg]

[Image: hatch.jpg]

Its got the normal MK3 Golf Rust Spots but if she treats me well I'll treat her to a paint job Prob something along the lines of this.

[Image: LUVIT.jpg]
Headlight and grill swap.
and lowered it would appear :huh:

NefCanuck
Looks like eyelids, along the entire front (top and bottom) of the grill.
Headlights are OEM GTI lights exact same just newer so that doesn't count Grill And Hood Extention are 2 Im looking for 2 more and yes it is slightly lowered.
I would say original style headlights , but different bumper
Nice buy, but please first thing is swap a new motor in her.
New motor?!? Psh, screw that!! It's got the beastly 2.0 ABA 8V, that puppy is bulletproof!!

Hit up pocketrocket.ca if you're looking for stuff/info. A little quiet over there these days but still a decent resource, and Canadian! :)

-George

Oh and are you talking about the VR spoiler and foglight blanks being removed? :P
Cool score, and Isn't that a Jetta bumper?
I always liked those VW's nice.
Front lip and skirts?
Drew it looks very nice.

Scourge,Jun 27 2009, 12:33 AM Wrote:New motor?!?  Psh, screw that!! It's got the beastly 2.0 ABA 8V, that puppy  is bulletproof!!

Hit up pocketrocket.ca if you're looking for stuff/info.  A little quiet over there these days but still a decent resource, and Canadian!  :)

-George

Oh and are you talking about the VR spoiler and foglight blanks being removed?  :P
[right][snapback]290213[/snapback][/right]

Isn't 2L ABA soch slowest engine out of the bunch

I say VR6!!
I heard that the VR6's have been known to sometimes fail due to "crank-walk" the same as some of the older Mitsubishi engines, and that the 1.8 Turbo in the newer models tis the better choice...
NikiterZTS,Jun 28 2009, 02:33 PM Wrote:Drew it looks very nice.

Scourge,Jun 27 2009, 12:33 AM Wrote:New motor?!?  Psh, screw that!! It's got the beastly 2.0 ABA 8V, that puppy  is bulletproof!!

Hit up pocketrocket.ca if you're looking for stuff/info.   A little quiet over there these days but still a decent resource, and Canadian!  :)

-George

Oh and are you talking about the VR spoiler and foglight blanks being removed?  :P

Isn't 2L ABA soch slowest engine out of the bunch

I say VR6!!
[right][snapback]290289[/snapback][/right]

Nah, 1.6 NA Diesel would be the slowest :P The 1.8 monomotronic 8V offered in the MK3 CL's was the slowest of the bunch, 1 injector FTW!!

A lot of people bash on the ABA but in reality, if you take your time and build it right, it can be an awesome performer. I went with that bottom end in my rocco and loved every minute of it. The long stroke made that sucker and absolute torque monster. Plus with the stock head they're a lower compression motor and ideal for boost. And to top that the OBDII ABA's came with a forged crank (possibly pistons also) and oil squirters for the pistons. Prime boost block.

I still love my VW's. :)

-George
Scourge,Jun 26 2009, 09:33 PM Wrote:New motor?!?  Psh, screw that!! It's got the beastly 2.0 ABA 8V, that puppy  is bulletproof!!

Hit up pocketrocket.ca if you're looking for stuff/info.   A little quiet over there these days but still a decent resource, and Canadian!  :)

-George

VR Spoiler Is one if them

Drivesthebeast,Jun 28 2009, 04:25 AM Wrote:Cool score, and Isn't that a Jetta bumper?
[right][snapback]290265[/snapback][/right]

And Damm your close but its not the bumper thats from a Jetta

As for the motor the 8 Valve has been know to reach half a mill KM No crazy Swaps for this one She has to stay DD Reliable.
1.9l deisel would smoke the 2.0 engine.

I know, I had a 94 golf cl with the 2.0. POS.
CL was a 1.8L :)

And what 1.9 are you referring to? Any deisel can "smoke" most other engines if you how to tweak the fuel :P
Dude I swear I saw this car yesterday evening on queen st in Brampton. No word of a lie you have a clone out there.
Quote:CL was a 1.8L

And what 1.9 are you referring to? Any deisel can "smoke" most other engines if you how to tweak the fuel

Nope.

The 94 Golf CL was a 2.0.

The 1.9 L is the diesel engines in NA Jetta's & golfs. Nothing tweaked fuel wise, its just common sense that a car with actual torque will be faster off the line.
Scorcher000,Jul 1 2009, 05:26 AM Wrote:Dude I swear I saw this car yesterday evening on queen st in Brampton. No word of a lie you have a clone out there.
[right][snapback]290435[/snapback][/right]

Nope The car is ucked away till Saturday when I swap insurance over.

And as for the last Mod It has a Jetta Hood. Slight difference the stock hood kinda surrounds the headlights where the Jetta hood is pretty much square.
Pages: 1 2