FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Guage Acting Up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I wanted to ask this question here before I bring the car in, to make sure I'm not doing something that's contributing to the problem:

The fuel guage on my '05 Focus has begun to "stick" for lack of a better word around 1/2 a tank. The needle goes down from Full until around 1/2 a tank and from there just sits there as the km click off. Last time the needle jumped backwards to 1/4 full when there was around 20L in the tank, from the look of things now, it looks like it won't even do that til my next fill up. (The guage performs the sweep at startup normally however, which suggests the sending unit is pooched)

I've thrown in high octane gas on the off-chance that I got some bad gas, but at this point I'm thinking this is a job for the dealer to diagnose.

Any comments/suggestions?

NefCanuck
Fuel sending unit.....or Fuel delivery sending unit....cant remember....

Mine went and was covered under warranty.

Same symptoms as you.
Yeah Flo is right, sounds like the sending unit, I had the same problem with mine as well. Mine would stay at low or empty when i filled up the tank. Also next fault would be your car feeling like its ruinning out of gas on ramps. Fuel sending unit and fuel pump are all connected together i believe.

Lates Mo
If had a fuel sending unit replaced as well.
I had it replaced also in the zx3. except mine would go to empty when i filled up
Twas a recall IIRC, had mine done Feb/04 when we bought the SPI.

Thanks again to the FC boys :D