FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: *help* Locating A Documentary Frm Discovery Chanel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, Im really frustrated and lost and was wondering if any one on here can help or point me in the right direction.. Few years back my uncle had a RARE Brain Tumor and Discovery channel approached him to film footage on his medical process. It was a few years back like in 97-98 and some how the Video copy they gave us got misplaced by someone.. Its approaching my uncles aniversary and he said he will do anything to get a hold of that tape.. perhaps even perserve it onto DVD if possible too. Thanks in advance
paolo,Oct 10 2005, 11:35 PM Wrote:Hey guys, Im really frustrated and lost and was wondering if any one on here can help or point me in the right direction.. Few years back my uncle had a RARE Brain Tumor and Discovery channel approached him to film footage on his medical process.  It was a few years back like in 97-98  and some how the Video copy they gave us got misplaced by someone..    Its approaching my uncles aniversary and he said he will do anything to get a hold of that tape.. perhaps even perserve it onto DVD if possible too.  Thanks in advance
[right][snapback]148022[/snapback][/right]
I poked around on the Discovery Channel's website a bit, the best I could suggest would be to go to this link:

http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

And select "Question Regarding:" Network/Program related and explain to them your situation with as much direct information (maybe your uncle's name, the type of cancer, etc) and hopefully someone will be able to pull up something and contact you back.

Good luck.

OAC_S
OAC_Sparky,Oct 10 2005, 11:59 PM Wrote:
paolo,Oct 10 2005, 11:35 PM Wrote:Hey guys, Im really frustrated and lost and was wondering if any one on here can help or point me in the right direction.. Few years back my uncle had a RARE Brain Tumor and Discovery channel approached him to film footage on his medical process.  It was a few years back like in 97-98  and some how the Video copy they gave us got misplaced by someone..    Its approaching my uncles aniversary and he said he will do anything to get a hold of that tape.. perhaps even perserve it onto DVD if possible too.  Thanks in advance
[right][snapback]148022[/snapback][/right]
I poked around on the Discovery Channel's website a bit, the best I could suggest would be to go to this link:

http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

And select "Question Regarding:" Network/Program related and explain to them your situation with as much direct information (maybe your uncle's name, the type of cancer, etc) and hopefully someone will be able to pull up something and contact you back.

Good luck.

OAC_S
[right][snapback]148026[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, E-mail sent,.

it would be really nice if they are able to locate it for me, id like to keep a few copies of it with my family members. it would mean a lot to them.
there usually pretty good with keeping back episodes of programs .. my brother was on Lifes Little Miracles a couple years back .. and about 1.5 years after the episode aired, we inquired about getting another copy, and they were able to get it fairly quickly...

Hopefully it works out the same for you paolo
Yep, let us know how you made out.