FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Quit Smoking!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Michelle decided to quit smoking last weekend... 8 days for her so far. And amazingly enough, she wasn't moody all weekend.

I ran out of smokes yesterday (barely smoked at all as it was, I didn't want to tempt her)..and said... to hell with it, I'm going to quit too. For my health, for her health, and so she doesn't have to plant me well ahead of my non-smoking expiration date.

The drive home today wasn't toooo bad.. I usually smoke a LOT while driving.

All I have to say is... it sure is no picnic so far! This week at work will definately be erm.. a challenge.. to maintain and not flip out on the loser customers.
yeah but it's always fun to loose it on people you don't know lol.....

but congrats for quitting the habbit.
Get sick and quit. That's what worked for me. Quit in May and haven't touched one yet.

BTW who is winning the case of beer bet?

Best of luck quitting
Yeah good work mang. Make sure you keep it up, not just for Michelle's sake but for your own.
Yeah better to quit now before the doctor gives you the incentive to do so.

My stepfather got the incentive after getting told he has to go in for open heart surgery, one of his arteries going in to his heart is 80% blocked. Figures it can hurt lowering the strain on his lungs && heart by quitting and my mom decided to quit at the same time.

Good thing I don't live at home any more that won't be a fun place to be around for a while...

NefCanuck
I keep quitting then something happends in my life that I cant handle and I start right back up again. Remember all it takes is just one f'in cigarette and you'll buy a pack the next day.

I'm glad to see you like the notion of having lungs, and not charcoal briquettes. Congrats on one of the smartest choices you'll ever make.
make sure to substitue something for smoke, like exercise!! TRSUT ME!!
I quit 3 years ago.
cold turkey. I was a pack-a-day guy. :blink:
If ya get any 'cravings' take a swing by the Cancer Centre at the local hospital and just sit in the waiting room for a few minutes....... you'll be back on your goal in no time.

Not trying to sound harsh but after loosing my dad to lung cancer (he was 56 years old) just about 2 years ago, it's amazing how horrible that disease is. He smoked for many years, quit 16 years ago and it still got him.

Horrible thing to do, now after living though that, I can't imagine why anyone would want to 'smoke' in the first place, it's killing your body.... literally.
S2,Oct 11 2005, 07:31 PM Wrote:Horrible thing to do, now after living though that, I can't imagine why anyone would want to 'smoke' in the first place, it's killing your body.... literally.
[right][snapback]148150[/snapback][/right]

Yeah seriously...it is by far the most stupid thing a human being can do.
I SMOKE ROCKS BIOTCH!!!!

Good luck though. I just wish my dad and brother would decide to quit
scoobasteve,Oct 11 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:I SMOKE COCKS BIOTCH!!!!

[right][snapback]148159[/snapback][/right]

i knew it
I quit smoking in january.....uhh....cigarettes,...

:ph34r:
meford4u,Oct 11 2005, 11:12 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Oct 11 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:I SMOKE COCKS BIOTCH!!!!

[right][snapback]148159[/snapback][/right]

i knew it
[right][snapback]148244[/snapback][/right]

Only Meford would be so old and clueless to bastardize a Chappelle Show quote.

Congradulations... the nurse will be in to change your bedpan shortly :ph34r:
CHAPELLE ROCKS!!

meford has to know that quote. everybody does.