FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Powerworks Svt And Automatic Power Numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got some new numbers from the guys at Powerworks...

Quote:These numbers are at the wheels. I have charts but can't figure out how to post them. If someone would point me twards the idiot guide for attaching pictures I'll get them up.

2003 SVT Focus 245 HP / 193 lb/ft TQ
STOCK REV Limiter
Powerworks SVT kit
NO base engine or vehicle mods
NO custom tuning (stock powerworks tune on 91oct)
NO additional parts or hardware or tuning required
20k mi already on the vehicle after the kit was installed
Used for numerous demo drives shows and track events during the milage accumulation
[Image: SVT-Livernois_100705.jpg]

2003 ZX3 Automagic 202 HP / 167 lb/ft TQ
STOCK REV Limiter
Base Powerworks Auto kit
NO custom tuning (Stock Powerworks calibration on 91 oct)
NO base engine/transmission or vehicle mods
NO additional parts or hardware or tuning required
10K mile durability, used for demo drives and shows.
[Image: Auto-Livernois_100705.jpg]

i added in the dyno sheets from another post...
i like that 245hp and 193 ft/lbs
that is also extremely safe and on 91octane
switch to 94 and retune and you could see upwards of a 30fwhp and 20+lb/ft gain from some better tuning. add in a ORP or RT high flow cat and a 2.5" exhaust and you could squeeze even more out of it with better tuning....
thats exactly what i'm looking for. something that runs safe on 91, and has a little room for tuning.

sometime next year you'll be getting a call from me about the powerworks kit.
so power works wants all us automatic owners to kill our cars eh?
they have 10,000 HARD miles on the Automatic demo car... it's basicly been s**t-kicked by test pilots it's entire life, i would think that PW wouldn't put out a product that they weren't confident was going to be durable on the stock platform. they say no tranny modifacations required for the base kit due to how they have reworked the ECU controls of the tranny.

10,000 miles of s**t-kicking by every tom, dick and harry off the street at places like Jetfest, FOTB, Focus in the field and every other major focus event they have brought the car to. not to mention the R&D testing they have done on it without any tranny issues so far, i doubt what the average person could throw at it would be much of a problem assuming your tranny isn't already s**t-kicked to begin with.
What does the automatic kit go for?
Same price as the standard Zetec kits... $5900cnd with FREE SHIPPING plus tax!

powerworks now offers financing options aswell!
I'm still shocked that the auto can handle that sort of power.......thats way way way beyond what its rated for....

obviously having fords calibration codes and specs when tuning makes a big difference! ;)
what do you mean by
"powerworks now offers financing options"
they are unsecured 3rd party loans so you have some interesting options like 90days no pay and a few others. but no matter what option you choose, because it is an unsecured loan, you get raped with insane interest rates in the 20-25% range. to be honest, you would be better off getting a line of credit from your bank than going with the PW finance options... but they are there if you would really like.
thanks

i guess it will be visa time

01-yellow-ZX3

ZX3TUNING,Oct 10 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:they have 10,000 HARD miles on the Automatic demo car... it's basicly been s**t-kicked by test pilots it's entire life, i would think that PW wouldn't put out a product that they weren't confident was going to be durable on the stock platform. they say no tranny modifacations required for the base kit due to how they have reworked the ECU controls of the tranny.

10,000 miles of s**t-kicking by every tom, dick and harry off the street at places like Jetfest, FOTB, Focus in the field and every other major focus event they have brought the car to. not to mention the R&D testing they have done on it without any tranny issues so far, i doubt what the average person could throw at it would be much of a problem assuming your tranny isn't already s**t-kicked to begin with.
[right][snapback]147939[/snapback][/right]

Well I can certainly vouch for this.

The PW auto ZX3 was beaten on HARD all day for 3 days at Sema, and never skipped a beat.

If it's not running into problems - you never will. Theres no way in hell anybody can possibly drive their car this hard on the streets.
Can you tune any automatic to handle that level of power with the same reliability, assuming the transmission is of the same fitness level?

I sat next to Hardk0re's car after last night's G2G... and listened, and inspected, and inspected and listened some more... and now I can't get it out of my head!

I'd have to save every extra cent... and I know he has the FS/VF Engineering S/C... but the principal idea is the same: mount S/C, attach hardware/hoses, install bigger injectors, install safe tune, datalog, retune... right?

The whole "livability of the ATX" thing has always killed any ideas of really tweaking the SPI. That, and I could lose a week to installing and tuning it... but it has to become a daily driver again after that. No ifs, ands or buts. If it can't, S/C is out.

She's going to kill me... and I apologize for the thread-jacking.
5900.00 bux?

BWHAHAHAHA.

wow