FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pumpkin Pie!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well thanksgiving is nearly upon us, and being tired of supermarket pumpkin pie that tastes like ass, I decided to call mommy up and get her recipe (it's chiffon pumpkin pie.. tres awesome).

Being that I'm good at following recipes and such, I went ahead and bought enough supplies to make 4 pies (quadroupling the recipe aught to work)...and being a complicated recipe, I thought I'd do 2, then 2 more.

So i doubled the recipe. And found myself with enough pie filling for 4 pies....

which means I have evaporated milk and pumpkin mush with no other purpose than to make another 4 pies...

I really have no use for 8 pumpkin pies. will bring a couple to dinner with me this weekend, I'm glad I'm not making the turkey...

nobody told me pie recipes are for 2 pies...
want to share the recipe?
darkpuppet,Oct 8 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:tired of supermarket pumpkin pie that tastes like ass
Tomorrow I'm heading up to The Apple Factory @ Mississauga Rd. & HWY 7

Best Pumpkin, Apple, Blueberry or Bummbleberry pies to be purchased. They have other kinds, but I haven't tried them yet. Mmmmm, happy Thanksgiving! :)
Bring me back 1 apple pie!
Pumpkin pie has the consistency of baby poop......
well if you like pie, you'll like that new Donut at my work (Tim Horton's) called the Pumpkin Spice Glazed, I swear it tastes like your eating pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie is amazing... get it from any Dominion stores.
Mmm... pumpkin pie. We just picked one up yesterday, from Fortinos. They're good enough for me... I mean, i've never actually had a home made one before.
SangriaRedZX5,Oct 9 2005, 07:55 AM Wrote:Pumpkin Pie is amazing... get it from any Dominion stores.
[right][snapback]147728[/snapback][/right]

that's the exact pumpkin pie I want to start a rebellion against.

but I'm here to save you...

Pumpkin Pie Recipe (makes enough filling enough for two 9" pies)
- 1 envelope of unflavoured gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water

- 1 1/4 cup mashed, cooked pumpkin or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pinch of ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

- 1/3 cup whipping cream sweatened

Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water.

Combine pumpkin, milk, 1/2 cup of water, egg yolks, half cup of sugar, salt, and spices in a double boiler. Cook over boiling water for 10 minutes , stirring constantly. Then add gelatin and stir till disolved. Remove from double boiler, chill until thick.

Beat whites till foamy, and gradually add remaining sugar. Whip till stiff. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Add vanilla into mixture. Put into pie shell, let firm.

Serve with whipped cream.

-------

I cheat and use the tenderflake shells. Cook the shells as per the instructions on the back, fill with filling, and let set in the fridge.
Bring the extra pies to the cruise next weekend!!!!
ANTHONYD,Oct 9 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:Bring the extra pies to the cruise next weekend!!!!
[right][snapback]147745[/snapback][/right]

Which i'm still debating on attending... mmm, pies do sound good.
meford4u,Oct 8 2005, 11:38 PM Wrote:Bring me back 1 apple pie!
[right][snapback]147712[/snapback][/right]
Just got the message now, sorry. And was the place ever packed. People were parked along #7 on both sides. The pies were ordered ahead and still nice and hot when we picked them up. Starting to fall asleep now, too much pie, z zz zzz zzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rofl:
Frost__2001,Oct 9 2005, 06:25 AM Wrote:well if you like pie, you'll like that new Donut at my work (Tim Horton's) called the Pumpkin Spice Glazed, I swear it tastes like your eating pumpkin pie.
[right][snapback]147717[/snapback][/right]

hmmmm...sounds good

*note to self*

pumpkin pie is the bomb diggy!!