FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Covers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i won't be driving my focus all that much this winter.. maybe just weekends. And my search for indoor storage isn't turning out that well, so now i'm in need of a good quality all-season car cover.

Does anyone have any the recommend under the $200 price range?

I found one that looks half decent and it should do the job quite nicely

link

any thoughts? suggestions??
I am too looking at a cover, but one that is a full body bag for lack of a better term. You literally place the bag open on the ground, drive into it and then zip it up.
I don't know how much they are, but when i know, you know.
whoa .. that sounds pretty cool .. the only think i'd need is something that easy to put on and take off, as i do still plan on driving my car on decent weather days .. or the few that barrie gets
I found it here. Those are US prices, but this is what we are going to be using this year.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?...id=109&pid=2400
Car pockets

This is what your looking for bryan ... seems like a great idea and the best way to keep all the weather hazards off the car
Yours was better priced
they seem to good to be true .. cuz there ALOT cheaper than just a regular car cover

Maybe a groub buy is in order? i'm sure were not the only 2 that might be in need of this
They say they are not for outdoor use. My guess is that they would break down over time in the sun, but would be good for 1 or even 2 winters.
I was concerned about trapping moisture in there, but they includ a block to help disappate the moisture.
Need to investigate further.
the one from shelterking.com recommends a thin car cover overtop of the car first then have the car-pocket put on

they say there waterproof though
if you have property space just buy an old fiberglass truck body with a roll-up door they work mint, if you get a long enough one you can even have a storage area in front of the car or a work bench. We can fit a full size Torino in one maybe 2 foci could fit in the bigger ones. hmm, storage rental....
meford4u,Oct 7 2005, 11:09 PM Wrote:They say they are not for outdoor use.  My guess is that they would break down over time in the sun, but would be good for 1 or even 2 winters.
I was concerned about trapping moisture in there, but they includ a block to help disappate the moisture.
Need to investigate further.
[right][snapback]147559[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that's what I was wondering... I wouldn't want to cover my car knowing moisture could be an issue. Top covers are fine in my eyes. Just for curiosity, check Ford's price on their cover as well.