FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Seat Warmer Installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep, So after 4 years off freezing my butt off and being so lazy about it i finally installed a seat warmer for the drivers side seat. It was pretty simple to do. I looked around at some DIY kits but they were around 90 to 180$ for two pads. So i went to Canadian tire and purchased
[Image: 0321425_450_CC_3b56b.jpg] this, took it apart and removed the pads from it. they are total of 36Watts. The DIY kits range somewhere from 30W to 60W. so 36 is in the low end but still its good enough and it only cost me 34 and not 180.

Anyways, i will post some DIY instructions incase anyone is interested. they way the pads are installed you can't even tell its in the seats. I believe 2001ZTS had something similar to this installed but not sure.

Anyways i will post some pictures tomorrow with instructions.

Lates Mo
mo_focus,Oct 7 2005, 07:05 PM Wrote:.........I believe 2001ZTS had something similar to this installed but not sure.
[right][snapback]147517[/snapback][/right]

Nope, I wish! The leather in the Focus is damn cold in winter.

It's a standard feature in the WRX but I hardly ever used it before. I'm now looking forward to using it often to make new girlfriends hot and squirmy "down there", I could care less about foreplay anymore. Old age and treachery always overcomes youth and vigour.

FEMALE: " I don't know what it was about the man but all of a sudden I felt a hotness sweep through my cooter right after I got into the car with him"
haha, now that you mention that, i ask my fiancee if she wanted the same thing for her car and she is like no i dont need it. Once i finished i found her sitting on my car seat and relaxing. so now she wants me to install the same set up for her car as well.
mo_focus,Oct 7 2005, 08:18 PM Wrote:haha, now that you mention that, i ask my fiancee if she wanted the same thing for her car and she is like no i dont need it. Once i finished i found her sitting on my car seat and relaxing. so now she wants me to install the same set up for her car as well.
[right][snapback]147536[/snapback][/right]

Told ya. Look into the vibrating (aka "massage" options as well). You'll be able to get what you need in a commercial break since she'd be so prepped.
please do a write up, i have an SVTF without the winter package but i want the butt warmers. teach me how to please... =)
Installed underneath the cushion? No kidding... I have to see this!
I have ordered a set for my car and would like to also know what was involved.
The factory ones are actually between the cusion and the cover..... and they are cheap. You would have to wire them up your self tho. I have been working on a system for another car (contour/mystique) but haven't got it finished.