FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gave The Car A Good Spring Cleaning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: DSC01895.jpg]

[Image: DSC01899.jpg]

Not bad for two hours of cleaning (including cleaning the interior... gods that tan carpet is a PITA <_< )

NefCanuck
Very nice. I've been doing mine today as well but have a little snag on some melted on rubber on the doors from last year's drag races. Any idea on how to take it off?
Looks good Dan. Too bad black rims on black makes it look cheap. Just kidding.

Do they have anyway so far to make those stock tails look a little less Altezza look a like? Maybe painting the chrome trim around them black..? Just a thought.

That's why I swapped my '06 stock ricer tails to '04-'05 year. Looks much-much cleaner.
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 3 2010, 07:08 PM Wrote:Very nice.  I've been doing mine today as well but have a little snag on some melted on rubber on the doors from last year's drag races.  Any idea on how to take it off?
[right][snapback]304415[/snapback][/right]
Gasoline.

And looks good Danny Boy.
meford4u,Apr 3 2010, 08:37 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 3 2010, 07:08 PM Wrote:Very nice.  I've been doing mine today as well but have a little snag on some melted on rubber on the doors from last year's drag races.  Any idea on how to take it off?
Gasoline.

[right][snapback]304424[/snapback][/right]

Awesome. Thanks Meford.
NikiterZTS,Apr 3 2010, 07:16 PM Wrote:Looks good Dan. Too bad black rims on black makes it look cheap.  Just kidding.

Do they have anyway so far to make those stock tails look a little less Altezza look a like? Maybe painting the chrome trim around them black..? Just a thought.

That's why I swapped my '06 stock ricer tails to '04-'05 year. Looks much-much cleaner.
[right][snapback]304418[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Ouch Nik (But, but the rims aren't *all* black :P) :lol:

As to the tails, there are various different methods to deal with the "overchrome" look that is stock on the 1st gen Fusion.

One I'm looking at gets rid of that stupid "gap" between the chrome and the body, which is 1/2" inch black pinstriping all the way around the tail, but no way I can do that myself :ph34r:

Cracking open the tails is another option, but you have to be extremely careful opening them otherwise they break (IIRC they are sonically welded shut)

Then there is the insane option of buying the parts needed to swap the 2010MY lights in, which at least one Fusion owner is doing or has done, but that's if I win the lottery (and lose my mind)

NefCanuck
meford4u,Apr 3 2010, 07:37 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]304424[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, people say I overdo the cleaning and maintenance on the car, but they aren't driving cars that is the only car they can drive (without alterations)

NefCanuck
Very Nice Dan!

Looking good as ever!

I just got my 20's back on today, hope do get my cleaning done tomorrow or monday

Did you add the keypad on you door? or did it come with it? One of the best mods to the stang i've done so far!
SL8RZZX3,Apr 3 2010, 09:10 PM Wrote:Very Nice Dan!

Looking good as ever!

I just got my 20's back on today, hope do get my cleaning done tomorrow or monday

Did you add the keypad on you door? or did it come with it? One of the best mods to the stang i've done so far!
[right][snapback]304440[/snapback][/right]

It was optioned like that when I bought it. Only options the car didn't have on it when I bought it was the Nav system and the "entry/exit assist" (and no, I dunno what that actually is :D)

Hell, this car even has "Start Assist" (I only need to turn the key to RUN and release it, the car will then take over and keep trying to start itself)

NefCanuck
The entry exit assist has the steering wheel moving up and forward and the seat moving back to allow more room for exiting the vehicle.

For a tall person who has the seat back all the way in the Zephyr=useless
But in the truck it is a handy feature.
Car looks great Dan!

As far as the tail lights go, try and source the Fusion Sport tail lights...One of my Co-Workers has an 09 Fusion with the sports package on it, and the black/smoked chrome looks very tastefull, and doesn't look like an afterthought. They might be expensive, but I haven't looked into that...

L8tz!
Dan you got a can of nights*** here in Streetsville with your name on it
paolo,Apr 4 2010, 10:33 AM Wrote:Dan you got a can of nights*** here in Streetsville with your name on it
[right][snapback]304471[/snapback][/right]

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:
Drivesthebeast,Apr 4 2010, 08:57 AM Wrote:Car looks great Dan!

As far as the tail lights go, try and source the Fusion Sport tail lights...One of my Co-Workers has an 09 Fusion with the sports package on it, and the black/smoked chrome looks very tastefull, and doesn't look like an afterthought.  They might be expensive, but I haven't looked into that...

L8tz!
[right][snapback]304467[/snapback][/right]

The SAP tailights? Oh god that would be so easy (and so goddamned expensive :ph34r:)

But they would fit perfectly with the front end :censored2:

Any chance you could "liberate" your co-workers SAP taillights? :lol:

NefCanuck