FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Coke Zero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Losing weight is dead simple. Obtaining your "target" weight is hard, and building muscle mass as an endomorph is even harder. I'm somewhere between endomorph and mesomorph... what a predicament.
Its not hard...unless you cant make the time. Then it becomes difficult.

If you really want to loose weight or build muscle you have to make it a priority...like work, or eating, paying your rent, etc.

Most people say its hard because they think working out for an hour a day, and eating the right things at the right time, is as hard as building a mini-mall with 2 matches and some Q-tips...only McGuiver can do that.
FociPhil,Oct 11 2005, 11:52 AM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Oct 9 2005, 11:56 AM Wrote:Are they trying to replace Diet Coke with Coke Zero?
[right][snapback]147729[/snapback][/right]

yeah im pretty sure thats what they are trying to do.

And yes...losing weight is easy.

And my money is on puppet.
[right][snapback]148085[/snapback][/right]

Can nobody tell when I am fuking with the admin?

I am not trying to loose weight at this moment. I wouldn't tell you guys if I were. Ya, tell everyone and then fail 1 year later. Good idea.

And I don't need advice. I played alot of football in my day, even semi pro, and I know what it takes to be in shape and how to loose weight, fast.

Good luck to the fat guys of the world.
darkpuppet,Oct 8 2005, 06:22 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 8 2005, 06:20 PM Wrote:you said it was easy.  i'm waiting to hear/see how easy it is.
[right][snapback]147649[/snapback][/right]

I dropped about 40lbs the 1st time I really tried. Been holding stead for the year tho. I need to get my act in gear tho and get back to losin' weight.

Guess that means no more boozin' for a while...
[right][snapback]147650[/snapback][/right]

I lost 24 lbs.

All I did was cut out the sugar, McDonald's and double double coffees.

I don't eat a lot of fried food anymore either.

Losing weight is easy.

I think we should do a FC weight loss challenge.
ANTHONYD,Oct 12 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Oct 8 2005, 06:22 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 8 2005, 06:20 PM Wrote:you said it was easy.  i'm waiting to hear/see how easy it is.
[right][snapback]147649[/snapback][/right]

I dropped about 40lbs the 1st time I really tried. Been holding stead for the year tho. I need to get my act in gear tho and get back to losin' weight.

Guess that means no more boozin' for a while...
[right][snapback]147650[/snapback][/right]

I lost 24 lbs.

All I did was cut out the sugar, McDonald's and double double coffees.

I don't eat a lot of fried food anymore either.

Losing weight is easy.

I think we should do a FC weight loss challenge.
[right][snapback]148288[/snapback][/right]

i would be so up for that, if it was a while ago! I dont have that much to go to reach my goal, but i would still be down.

I find when you tell people that you are making as lifestyle change and trying to lose weight, you cant accomplish it better, it puts that much more pressure on you.
I've run weightloss challenges in the past.. what we've done is assign a points system.

1) figure out your ideal weight (<20% body fat for us lardasses)
2) weigh-ins once a month
3) you get 1 point for every 10 lbs lost towards your ideal weight goal
4) once ideal weight is hit, you get 1 point a month for maintaining it.

the one with the most points at the end of a 6 month period wins the money.

only thing is you have to do it with people you can really trust, or with the weigh-ins done by a gym/nutritionist/doctor to ensure people really met their goals.
I'd be in for that....
FociPhil,Oct 7 2005, 06:12 PM Wrote:Most useless drink out there...all pop is.

SO lets see what you get...

no fat
no calories
no protein
no carbs
it doesnt actually "quench your thirst"
it takes calcium out of your bones
it rots your stomach

sounds like a winner to me!!
[right][snapback]147410[/snapback][/right]

if anyone drinks pop on a dialy basis and more than just one a day are setting themselves up for issues... if everyone only knew what is in those bastards cans. I have a pop here and there maybe like 2 or 3 a week if that......
darkpuppet,Oct 8 2005, 03:38 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 7 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:Is it made with Splenda?  I use that stuff all the time as a sugar substitute.  No, I wish i could lose weight.  I am a diabetic.

Now make fun of the fat diabetic old man assholes!

You guys hit me below the belt.
[right][snapback]147496[/snapback][/right]

you can easily lose weight...
[right][snapback]147569[/snapback][/right]

yeah, severe influenza or food poisioning are 2 ways that come to mind...

both work
nass,Oct 12 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 7 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:Is it made with Splenda?  I use that stuff all the time as a sugar substitute.  No, I wish i could lose weight.  I am a diabetic.

both work
[right][snapback]148366[/snapback][/right]

or drinkign water from the tap in Shanghai China...lost 20 pounds real quick...

goooooooooooooooooooo parasites
nass,Oct 12 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:

no fat
no calories
no protein
no carbs
it rots your stomach

if anyone drinks pop on a dialy basis and more than just one a day are setting themselves up for issues... if everyone only knew what is in those bastards cans. I have a pop here and there maybe like 2 or 3 a week if that......
[right][snapback]148364[/snapback][/right]

my mom did a waste audit for coke years back.

When she walked in the place all she saw was huge containers of the liquid colur syrup they put in coke, with corrosive symbols and things all over it.

They water that syrup down so its "legally safe"...but really how safe can it be. After she told me that i gave up pop, its been almost 7 years.
nass,Oct 12 2005, 12:31 PM Wrote:

both work
[right][snapback]148366[/snapback][/right]

Here's another, two and a half weeks worth of hospital food. Dropped 20lbs while I was trapped there after my car accident, even with the occasional care package dropped off by visitors :puke:

NefCanuck
Weight loss challenge? Sure why not.

Maybe put up an investment in a eliptical machine... Seems NOS and his wife do well with it as does a lot of other people I know.
eliptical running machines rule. I like the ones with the wheel in the back, vs the wheel up front, as it puts less constant pressure on the balls of the feet.

As for pop, yeah, it's bad, but did you know that on a per volume basis, apple juice does more damage to your teeth than coke does? more sugar, more acid, which actually softens your teeth more than coke does.

I'm not saying that pop is healthy, but if you're worried about your drinks leaching minerals out of your body, there are just as bad things. Better to stick with water and milk.
FociPhil,Oct 12 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:
nass,Oct 12 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:

no fat
no calories
no protein
no carbs
it rots your stomach

[right][snapback]148364[/snapback][/right]

my mom did a waste audit for coke years back.

When she walked in the place all she saw was huge containers of the liquid colur syrup they put in coke, with corrosive symbols and things all over it.

They water that syrup down so its "legally safe"...but really how safe can it be. After she told me that i gave up pop, its been almost 7 years.
[right][snapback]148379[/snapback][/right]

yup the stuff they make pop with (coke/pepsi) has to be transported with HAZMAT trucks and stuff.... no biggie? well they ship nuclear waste and bombs with the same guidelines :)
darkpuppet,Oct 12 2005, 05:49 PM Wrote:eliptical running machines rule.  I like the ones with the wheel in the back, vs the wheel up front, as it puts less constant pressure on the balls of the feet.

As for pop, yeah, it's bad, but did you know that on a per volume basis, apple juice does more damage to your teeth than coke does?  more sugar, more acid, which actually softens your teeth more than coke does.

I'm not saying that pop is healthy, but if you're worried about your drinks leaching minerals out of your body, there are just as bad things.  Better to stick with water and milk.
[right][snapback]148392[/snapback][/right]

yes but what's the point of drinking water that's been stripped of it goodness? that disani water is worthless to your body cause they filter the crap out of it stripping all the minerals from the water. To you there is no difference, besides pissing all the time cause your body doesn't want the water. But to your body it doesn't like bottled water that much. You should try buying minerals to add to your water, it adds a lil taste to it but after using it for a while you feel awesome, mixed with some vitiams and a good eating habit and you're set
nass,Oct 12 2005, 06:15 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Oct 12 2005, 05:49 PM Wrote:eliptical running machines rule.  I like the ones with the wheel in the back, vs the wheel up front, as it puts less constant pressure on the balls of the feet.

As for pop, yeah, it's bad, but did you know that on a per volume basis, apple juice does more damage to your teeth than coke does?  more sugar, more acid, which actually softens your teeth more than coke does.

I'm not saying that pop is healthy, but if you're worried about your drinks leaching minerals out of your body, there are just as bad things.  Better to stick with water and milk.

yes but what's the point of drinking water that's been stripped of it goodness? that disani water is worthless to your body cause they filter the crap out of it stripping all the minerals from the water. To you there is no difference, besides pissing all the time cause your body doesn't want the water. But to your body it doesn't like bottled water that much. You should try buying minerals to add to your water, it adds a lil taste to it but after using it for a while you feel awesome, mixed with some vitiams and a good eating habit and you're set
[right][snapback]148400[/snapback][/right]

YEAH THATS TRUE...reverse osmosis water....booo urns...you got soem good suggestions in there nass.

its true that most juices are just as bad. Went to a fitness seminar that was run by the guy who trained Hilary Swank for Million Dollar Baby. He was showing how packed with sugar most botled juices are. Its terrible...

Water and milk is the way to go!! alot with some green tea...YUM!

And those eliptical machines are gold. If you have issues with impact on knees and stuff. but if you really want ot get rid of midmection fat, i hear running is still the best.
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 12 2005, 01:46 PM Wrote:Weight loss challenge?  Sure why not.

Maybe put up an investment in a eliptical machine... Seems NOS and his wife do well with it as does a lot of other people I know.
[right][snapback]148388[/snapback][/right]

We'll toss in all the encouragement you can handle, and offer the use of our stuff as well, dude. All you gotta do is show up :)

The worst part about moving away from pop is the lack of flavour in what you drink. As someone who used to be a horrid daily drinker of Coke / Pepsi / whatever, that's the biggest mental hurdle to overcome.

Now, I'd drink more Gatorade, but the deteriments in the sugared end of things outweigh the salts it puts back in. I've just been downing the water as I work out, and that seems to be agreeing with me mentally as well as physically.

Music is a great motivator, at least for me. Sara prefers the reality tv stuff as she works out, just like being at the gym.

Wow, how did a Coke Zero thread turn into health central? :D
darkpuppet,Oct 12 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:eliptical running machines rule.  I like the ones with the wheel in the back, vs the wheel up front, as it puts less constant pressure on the balls of the feet.

Never seen one with the wheel in the back :blink:

The one at the condo is for the legs only but man after 25 minutes on that thing (set to "cross training") my legs feel like they wanna fall off and I've sweat enough to drown myself :P

'course now I have legs that are skinny as hell, just wish I could get the rest of me to look that good <_<

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2