FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Followup To The Molson Hockey Ad From Lastyear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember lastyear's molson hockey add with the guys singing Boy George's Baby, do you really want to hurt me?

Well, they've followed it up with a new video, a bunch of guys singing Oh What a Feeling to serenade in the restarted season.
saw it last night, funny s**t
best is the fat guy who can't sing worth s**t. Funny when he starts jiggling and his voice goes vebrato :P
Raine,Oct 7 2005, 02:09 AM Wrote:best is the fat guy who can't sing worth s**t. Funny when he starts jiggling and his voice goes vebrato :P
[right][snapback]147302[/snapback][/right]

Meford and I were saying that the chubby guy reminds us of Darkpuppet :lol:
ANTHONYD,Oct 7 2005, 08:06 AM Wrote:Meford and I were saying that the chubby guy reminds us of Darkpuppet :lol:
[right][snapback]147313[/snapback][/right]

me --> :1kissass: <--everyone else can.
I think the beer companies, hockey franchises, and everyone else who makes money off of the fans should make an ad and call it HAHAHAHAH THANKS SUCKERS!

You guys had a year and a half to plan about how to penalize both sides for their kindergarten-level antics. Devoted fans were lost, rabid fans have come crawling back, and the average "entertainment" fan has probably been lost for good. The teams responded to this by lowering ticket prices (for now). You can bet next season there will be a sizeable increase in the overall cost of tickets and concessions.

I'll watch the games (Leafs) but only because I've decided to not spend any additional money to accomodate that choice. If we go to a game this year, it's because I want to see the ACC with ice on the floor, not because I'm overjoyed that hockey came back. Hockey shouldn't have left in the first place.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 7 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:I think the beer companies, hockey franchises, and everyone else who makes money off of the fans should make an ad and call it HAHAHAHAH THANKS SUCKERS!

You guys had a year and a half to plan about how to penalize both sides for their kindergarten-level antics. Devoted fans were lost, rabid fans have come crawling back, and the average "entertainment" fan has probably been lost for good. The teams responded to this by lowering ticket prices (for now). You can bet next season there will be a sizeable increase in the overall cost of tickets and concessions.

I'll watch the games (Leafs) but only because I've decided to not spend any additional money to accomodate that choice. If we go to a game this year, it's because I want to see the ACC with ice on the floor, not because I'm overjoyed that hockey came back. Hockey shouldn't have left in the first place.
[right][snapback]147340[/snapback][/right]

oh brother.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You can be sucha pinko sometimes...
the old system was so screwed up the real fan knew something was going to happen. The change was for the better, unfortunately that meant we missed a season, but that sh!t is behind us now, and lets never speak of it again.
Just think of the NHL as your dog. A while back he fell down and broke his hip. Now you don't know what to do. Hes cant move as fast anymore, or jump as high, and looks very sluggish, and its painful to watch so in the summer or 04' you decide that the right thing to do is get him some hip replacement sugery!
So for an entire year, your dog is out of action, very sad, everyone misses the dog.
But then on that fateful day on Oct. 5th 2005, you get to see your dog again with his new perfect hip. What a joyous occasion, meeting up with your old pal, and he is rejouvonated, he can run fast and jump higher, with his tail a wagging sloubours all over your face. He can now go play frisbee and can get to frisbees you never thought possible with the old hip.

now would you ignore your dog and walk away?

in memory of Spot
ANTHONYD,Oct 7 2005, 12:31 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 7 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:I think the beer companies, hockey franchises, and everyone else who makes money off of the fans should make an ad and call it HAHAHAHAH THANKS SUCKERS!

[right][snapback]147340[/snapback][/right]

oh brother.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You can be sucha pinko sometimes...
[right][snapback]147363[/snapback][/right]

Let me get this straight, I'm a commie because I think the vast majority of athletes are overpaid and the whining about salary caps and everything else is BS? What was an innocent pastime-turned-quasi national sport has now become big business. The players are the execs, really, pork-barrelling at the trough.

Should hockey have stayed gone? No. Should hockey have a salary cap? Absolutely! Cap everyone at $500,000 / year. That's more than enough to live a lavish lifestyle while allowing the fans to enjoy the game (without needing to take out a second/third/fourth mortgage) and allowing the owners to make some money. On that note, roll the ticket prices back quite a bit and bring back the "family event" that hockey used to be / should be.

I'd much rather support minor hockey than pay for some crybaby's massive salary. I love watching the games, I love playing hockey. What I can't stand is a disproportionate amount of money is paid to a player of a GAME. A sport. Give the big bucks to thiose who make life and death decisions to keep us safe every day. Leave the players as they should be - average joes who do something they love, and they're better than most doing it.
I could care less about what they make...watching sports doesnt determine how i run my life. If they want to cry, cry. If fans want to cry becuase theey have to find a different reason to drink on a saturday night, they can cry too.

Why would you want to spend money to see ice on the ACC floor? :blink:
You might as well by Flo's GF a pair of shoes, seems like that would be more useful...

ON TOPIC havent seen this commercial...hmmm...ill keep an eye out
That was in reference to actually seeing a game played at the ACC. I've been to many a game at the Gardens before the Leafs moved, and I've been to a concert at the ACC so far.
As much as I missed hockey, I was starting to get pissed off watching Wednesday nights game, where EVERY SINGLE commercial had something to do with hockey ie: coke, ford, molson, etc...

Molson commercial was funny the first time, but not after 10th time in only 3 hours...