FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Rims For My F150
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fellow fuktards.

The time is coming to put the bling back in my ride. I need new rims. I own a 1998 F150 4X4, midnight blue.
I have a set of 16" factory rims on the truck now, with 285 75 16 BFG tires.

Unlike the tuners, I want the small rim/big tire look, so I want to keep the size of the rim down to a minimum. I am looking at 16" rims, but might go as high as an 18". But the difference in the tire price is huge.

This is what I am looking at

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/St...&ShowLarge=True

Any suggestions and comments, good or bad, will be dealt with quickly and severe blows are not unheard of. :blink:

Oh, and thanks for looking.

And if Mitch has something for me, PM me!
aren't there leaf springs that need fixin' first?
Bling Bling..NICE!
darkpuppet,Oct 6 2005, 05:53 PM Wrote:aren't there leaf springs that need fixin' first?
[right][snapback]147167[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but I am planning ahead. Like Christmas.

And the leaf springs is an easy $250 fix with the add-a-leaf.

But I do need the boy to look at the front end because I think I broke something over big bump this week.
It was a choice of fix my truck and f?%&$#*&*&@#() the wife over for not getting a new car and I get a new truck or not be in shite for the next 5 years and spend a few grand and fix my truck up and buy her a new car soon. How soon? I don't give a f$@)#$(*@)(?
BLING! nice rims

still looking at the lexus coupe for the wife?
Exactly what I was gonna say... damnthose are nice. I had some sweet wheels on my old Ranger, but those are pimp!
go 29" or go home this is the 1st post tonight and I plan on having a poop load more nbeer
Midnight blue screams for deep dish black with polished lip,

or Way Gay Gunmetal Grey™ ...

I'm sure I could swing the paint code to ya for the latter.
yeah I'd say gun metal gray too for rims, as your truck is blue, but then again IF it was me, I'd go with a bit more off road looking rims, because your truck looks good with the rims it has on it now, when I saw on them before I mean.
darkpuppet,Oct 6 2005, 05:18 PM Wrote:or Way Gay Gunmetal Grey™  ...
[right][snapback]147183[/snapback][/right]

Vote #1

If you want bling you need HID's and there is an approved plug and play kit for 1997-2002 F-150 headlights:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A.../XenarcKits.htm

Geezus Christ you guys sway off topic worse than I do. I have the lightining headlights. Not changing them

No 29's bumwipe

No gunmetal. I don't like the look. I want chrome or polished.

Puppet, you need to dump your old rims on someone else.

And yes, we are still looking at the Lexus, but with the added money Ford gave us in the new contract, a Mustang is not out of the question.
We, I mean me, have picked the colour of the Sc430 to be black cherry. And the new rims they finally came out with for the coupe are pimp. Atleast pimp enough for this old guy.
meford4u,Oct 6 2005, 07:09 PM Wrote:but with the added money Ford gave us in the new contract, a Mustang is not out of the question.[right][snapback]147204[/snapback][/right]

Added money Ford gave you? Which plant do you work at?
meford4u,Oct 6 2005, 05:49 PM Wrote:Fellow fuktards.

The time is coming to put the bling back in my ride.  I need new rims.  I own a 1998 F150 4X4, midnight blue.
I have a set of 16" factory rims on the truck now, with 285 75 16 BFG tires.

Unlike the tuners, I want the small rim/big tire look, so I want to keep the size of the rim down to a minimum.  I am looking at 16" rims, but might go as high as an 18".  But the difference in the tire price is huge.

This is what I am looking at

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/St...&ShowLarge=True

Any suggestions and comments, good or bad, will be dealt with quickly and severe blows are not unheard of. :blink:

Oh, and thanks for looking.

And if Mitch has something for me, PM me!
[right][snapback]147162[/snapback][/right]

Have you looked at the selection at http://www.wheels-direct.com? It's where I went for my rims and the price was very reasonable. Save you a bundle on shipping, you just have to drive out there to get the rims swapped.

NefCanuck
euro_zx5,Oct 6 2005, 08:11 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 6 2005, 07:09 PM Wrote:but with the added money Ford gave us in the new contract, a Mustang is not out of the question.[right][snapback]147204[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]147238[/snapback][/right]

Oakville. We all get an extra $2000 off every NA built Ford vehicle. Additional employee savings price.
meford4u,Oct 6 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:

Oakville. We all get an extra $2000 off every NA built Ford vehicle. Additional employee savings price.
[right][snapback]147242[/snapback][/right]

Did you work in the van plant before the truck plant was shut down? Or worked in the truck plant and now working with the vans? My dad was a pipefitter at the van plant a couple years ago... now retired.
I like those ones that you posted buddy. They look super nice.

Can your son look at my car and tell me what the hell is creaking in the back?
I'll be honest, I was looking around at some tires, and I just don't see a whole lot that look 'great' in my eyes.

one of the least offensive ones are
[Image: zinik_z12_blk_ci3_l.jpg],
in a fetching 18",

but a sorta industrial 16" would be..

[Image: asa_trs_ci3_l.jpg]
, but I wouldn't buy them per se... not original looking enough.

a personal fave, but a 20"...

[Image: zinik_z9_blk_ci3_l.jpg]

unfortunately, OZ doesn't have an f150 application
Raine. In short, no. He doesn't do work outside of where he works and I don't ask. He works 6 days a week 10 hours a day and then rides 2 hours a day. Sorry I can't help but Anthony poised the same question to me last night about his brakes. I told him the same thing I am telling you. If you want him to do it, take it to CT. And yes, that costs money. But if you want just his opinion, take it to CT and that's free.

Oh, and he is coming to the Poker Run. You can ask him then. I don't think he'll want to take anything apart, but he may be able to give you some insight.

Puppet. You have more money than brains. And I think your a smart guy! I have a budget and I like the last ones, but your right, limited on my application and budget. Oh, and if you price out truck tires, once you get above 18", they get stupid in price. I'm talking 500+ per tire stupid.

It's for fun, not for show. I have to use it for working my side jobs too.
euro_zx5,Oct 6 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 6 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]147242[/snapback][/right]

Did you work in the van plant before the truck plant was shut down? Or worked in the truck plant and now working with the vans? My dad was a pipefitter at the van plant a couple years ago... now retired.
[right][snapback]147245[/snapback][/right]

Started in the van in 93,then over to the truck plant in 95, then back to the van in 02. I'm in paint on midnights
Pages: 1 2 3