FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear Brakes Shot... Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3rd time in 60,000 km's... need a rear brake change... grinding noise from the back brakes indicates the shoes are worn out... again. Who can change them for me/show me how to do it at my house for free/beer? Tell me what I need to buy and when you're available. Don't post instructions or anything. Just let me know when you can come to my place and do it/help me do it. I live near Warden and Finch in Scarborough, which is about 7 mins from the 401 and 5 mins from the 404.
http://64.202.180.37/files/fspecial.pdf

Might help you with what you need. Bring your wallet!

EBC Rear Pad Set Focus 05> H4205R $46.50

Did you miss this?
Not gonna bother pouring the money for disc brakes into the Focus, but that two tone horn set for $12.50 US is a good deal.
3 set of rear shoes in 60 k!!!! There is a problem. You should easily get 60k out of 1 set. My Father in law has 180k and is on his 2nd set of rears and 3rd front. Sure it's not a wheel bearing?
bluetoy,Oct 4 2005, 10:03 PM Wrote:3 set of rear shoes in 60 k!!!! There is a problem. You should easily get 60k out of 1 set. My Father in law has 180k and is on his 2nd set of rears and 3rd front. Sure it's not a wheel bearing?
[right][snapback]146684[/snapback][/right]

Had them changed under recall. Only makes the noise when under braking pressure too. Most notably when reversing. Fits the bill of a rear brake. I told Ford there was a problem when I had to get a second set at 15,000... they replaced them for free but weren't happy about doing so. Not too much I can do now.
Do you spend allot of time going around corners sideways using the rear brakes :P

Sure does sound strange,I had 80k on my last set of shoes, changed them just becuase I thought it was a long time.....they were probably still good for a while more also...
Does seem odd. When my fronts were last replaced they were measured to be 90% gone while the rear was 90% remaining. I'm a 70,000 on the same original rears.

Maybe the return springs or emergency brake cable is causing the shoes to "drag"?
92k on my original brakes.

I need them done soon though.
Should have bought an SVT, then you wouldn't have so many problems. B)

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...75&#entry146075
SVT ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:Should have bought an SVT, then you wouldn't have so many problems. B)

[right][snapback]146729[/snapback][/right]

Wow, what a useless post :rolleyes:

Theres something wrong with your Brakes Al, I'm at 110K and still on the originals with (last time checked at the dealership) 15% left!!!
Flofocus,Oct 5 2005, 09:58 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:Should have bought an SVT, then you wouldn't have so many problems. B)

Theres something wrong with your Brakes Al, I'm at 110K and still on the originals with (last time checked at the dealership) 15% left!!!
[right][snapback]146735[/snapback][/right]

LMAO :lol:

I have you all beat then, I'm still on the orginal set and I'm almost at 135,000 kms and there is still 20% left.

But really you should take it to the dealership if it's under warentee and complain more about it, the more complaints about it the better because they might be able to track it down like with my old focus.
Al that ain't right, i think something is sticking in the drum. The oll tempo front brakes lasted 140000K. The drums about 190000K B) So something is wrong
Flofocus,Oct 5 2005, 09:58 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]146735[/snapback][/right]

Flo are you just naturally an A**hole, or do have to try really hard at it? :rolleyes:
I was going to ask the same about you. :o :lol:

But now that we got that out of the way, lets try and stay on topic. ;) B)
Could very well be that they never replaced the rear shoes and simply treated them with a little sand paper and stop-squeak and sent me on my way. Ford has a tendency of telling you they've changed parts when in fact they've just "refurbished" your existing ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if something was wrong with them, but I need someone to check and I am not paying Ford for an inspection.
try this.

At 194000km, I still on my orginal rear shoes.

Raine, let me know where you buy the shoes because I need a set too maybe we can save some shipping. And I also want someone to show me how to do it.
Focus Is Art,Oct 5 2005, 02:09 PM Wrote:try this.

Raine, let me know where you buy the shoes because I need a set too maybe we can save some shipping.  And I also want someone to show me how to do it.
[right][snapback]146836[/snapback][/right]

Will do bro. We could probably do it at my house if someone could show us how.

Update your signature! It says you're at 169,000 :P
Raine,Oct 5 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:
Focus Is Art,Oct 5 2005, 02:09 PM Wrote:try this.

Raine, let me know where you buy the shoes because I need a set too maybe we can save some shipping.  And I also want someone to show me how to do it.
[right][snapback]146836[/snapback][/right]

Will do bro. We could probably do it at my house if someone could show us how.

Update your signature! It says you're at 169,000 :P
[right][snapback]146900[/snapback][/right]

I asked my dad and i was way off :lol: It was like 209674 or something when he changed them :lol:
Lift the car off the ground at the rear.Spin the wheels and feel if the drums are rubbing on the pads. Bad bearings,out of round drums. and incorrectly installed adjusters can affect brake life. Is your emergency brake too tight?
Hey MeFOrd4U,

Where do you get these parts from " Bat Brake "
I will prob need some parts soon...