FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Office Furniture Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK perhaps the most unusual post in a while...........

I'm looking for a place to buy an office chair but there is a twist:

-must be fairly high
-adjustable
-have back support
-have arm rests
-CANNOT HAVE ANY WHEELS/CASTERS

It's for the bridge of a ship and can't be rolling around. Should be someplace in GTA so I can pick it up. Any of you have anything like the above in your offices and could give me a manufacturer name?
Haha, Wouldnt the wheels add to the fun though.

Hmm, i remeber there was a used office furniture place on spadina by king.

Next time i'm down there i'll see if i can get a name
just take the wheels of any chair, would that do it? If i was still working at QP you could of just come down and choose between 6000000000 chairs that are in the hallways
It would be a chair sort of like a draftsman or architect would use.
There is an upscale office place on yonge and King street accross from the Irish Embassy pub.

Try there.
the ultimate (by far) office chair is the Herman Miller Aeron..

[Image: herman_miller_aeron_3.jpg]

not sure about the wheels tho... may require removal. But these are the best office chair ever made by man...
Arent herman miller chairs like 2kusd?
you can find them for about a grand canadian.
darkpuppet,Oct 4 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:the ultimate (by far) office chair is the Herman Miller Aeron..

[Image: herman_miller_aeron_3.jpg]

not sure about the wheels tho... may require removal.  But these are the best office chair ever made by man...
[right][snapback]146510[/snapback][/right]

I have 2 of those, 1 with the screen back in black

and 1 with the plastic back in LIME GREEN... :lol:

I bet im the only one who bought a lime green chair for 1000$

they are purely amazing, but I prefer the cheaper one with the plastic back because the lumbar support adjust better and can be slided up and down, while the screen back one can not adjust height on the lumbar.

I highly recommend those, and ask them to make you small anchor to replace the wheels.

:)

For anyone who say anything else, I dont even care. try having one for a year and see.... thats if you can afford it.
Big waste of money... just like those who run around in VW Touraegs and Nissan Muranos - they're "pretty face" products.

Whoops, almost forgot the H2.
Hey this is suppossed to be all about me! I'm looking at spending $300 BTW.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 4 2005, 11:21 AM Wrote:http://www.staples.ca
[right][snapback]146530[/snapback][/right]

Nope, they have wheels only. Same with Business Depot, Grand & Toy and IKEA
call backs etc with your requirements and see if they have anything. http://www.backsetc.com/StoreFront.bok
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 4 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:Big waste of money... just like those who run around in VW Touraegs and Nissan Muranos - they're "pretty face" products.

Whoops, almost forgot the H2.
[right][snapback]146528[/snapback][/right]

Problem is they are worth every penny they ask for. I have never, EVER sat in a more comfortable chair. They are the only chair I've ever sat in for 16 hours and never once thought about how sore my back/but/arms were getting.

I'll probably own my own aeron before I own a proper bed.

now, finding a chair for $300 is a whole other matter.. I just don't know of too many that you can find for that price range. I've seen the training video Andrew, I know that most chairs $300 or less won't hold the cargo you're looking to seat...

oh, and most chairs with coasters can be retrofitted with screw-in feat... well, the ones over $300 I typically look at.

edit..

when you say drafting chairs, do you mean..

[Image: 6564-ID04.jpg]

or

[Image: 2967-KT66.jpg]
ah..ok.. I think I know what you're looking for...

[Image: 20299F-p.jpg]

that's a marine chair,

Quote:# Variable seat height gives the operator a 6" height range
# 7" fore/aft adjustment
# High-back sierra upper seat
# Fixed Back
# Adjustable seat tilt
# 9" diameter polymer swivel
# Base module comes in 3 heights
# Fold-up footrest with 3 height positions
# Options: Floor slide rail

the aeron is cheaper... :ph34r:
2001 ZTS,Oct 4 2005, 04:21 PM Wrote:Hey this is suppossed to be all about me! I'm looking at spending $300 BTW.
[right][snapback]146529[/snapback][/right]

get a barber chair, it has a flat bottom

[Image: img1.gif]