FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Modified Vehicles And Insurance In Ontario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any word of people being denied liability coverage by their auto insurance co because of modifications?
Hven't been following the issue but it is talked about here:

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/cgi-bin...gi?;act=SF;f=25
Yes. They tried atleast. I had the car appraised last year, which IMO, was a mistake, but I was upfront about the mods done to the car. They freak about the JRSC (Supercharger for those who don't know) and they cancelled coverage. I told them that the Ford dealer installed it in Vancouver, partially true, and sicking a lawyer on them got their attention. Still no issues with cancellations, but were being very cautious with the car. Well, atleast the boy is. I drive like stink!
shoot i need to get a login to view that post on the subaru board.

basically swapped/heavily modified vehicles are a PITA to own and operate in ontario. damn
naz,Oct 3 2005, 04:39 AM Wrote:shoot i need to get a login to view that post on the subaru board.

basically swapped/heavily modified vehicles are a PITA to own and operate in ontario. damn
[right][snapback]146200[/snapback][/right]

I haven't heard any news either. AFAIK, that modified car insurance plan never materialized.
My stupid insurance didn't want to insure me because of my front bumper. They told me it look to aggresive! I was like what the fack!!! But we fought I won! :lol:

Stupid insurance!
Insurance sucks.

EDIT: I'd rant more about ontario ins. but everybody allready knows my story. :ph34r:
Agreed.
I hope the new insurance plan with the CAW that was agreed in our new contract is going to solve alot of headaches and save alot of money!
I just never tell my insurance company what the car has.... if they don't ask I don't tell that's my policy with my insurance... they paid for my last car 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V and it was modified I never told them about anything and when I got into a bang up they asked what I had I told them and they gave me money