FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Is The Root Of This Weird Noise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I go over a bump and it sounds like I've got a tool box in my hatch that's jumping around... last time I got ford to fix it they said it was the rear linkage, but they won't so much as look at it now with all aftermarket suspension... it only comes from the back. Any ideas? Happened when I had stock suspension too.
If you are hearing a clunking noise is usually a shock bushing worn out, that would be my guess. :blink:

Is your jack secure?
It's not the jack, it's some component in the suspension. If you open the hatch and sit on the ledge and press down, it'll make the sound... kinda like a creaking sound. Not noticible unless you're going over bumps... and being that I live in scarborough, I have the keep the radio loud so it doesn't drive me insane :P
Raine,Oct 2 2005, 05:18 PM Wrote:It's not the jack, it's some component in the suspension. If you open the hatch and sit on the ledge and press down, it'll make the sound... kinda like a creaking sound. Not noticible unless you're going over bumps... and being that I live in scarborough, I have the keep the radio loud so it doesn't drive me insane :P
[right][snapback]146125[/snapback][/right]

Mine moans and groans too.

Use dynamat...Problem solved.
ANTHONYD,Oct 2 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:Mine moans and groans too.

Use dynamat...Problem solved.
[right][snapback]146127[/snapback][/right]

I was planning to dynamat this winter anyway. But the weird thing is that it was fixed for almost a year when Ford did it last time. Do the rear bushings wear out that fast? If so maybe it's time to invest in some urethane
Actaully in the last couple of days i have been noticing this sound to.

I hear it went i brake and turn, and when i downshift. Like a clunk/ knock sound from my back passanger side.

How much is it to fix this rear linkage business?
Strut Mount??? Our's was doing it to it is a worn out strut mount. This happended on the tempo though :lol: