FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Attack Of The Killer B's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another patented bored on a Friday afternoon useless stupid post.

Anyway, my old car license plate was ABxx ###, the Focus is AJxx ### and the Subaru ARxx ###. I saw a plate that was AXxx ### the other day which means just Y & Z to go and pretty soon you will start seeing Bxxx ### plates.

That's it, just an observation.

Sorry.

How about some math?

To use up all the "A"'s that means 1(A)*26*26*26*10*10*10=17,576,000 possible combinations used up in the past 10 years or so. Then there all the old style plates still being used like XXX ### and ### XXX. Lots of cars.
You will have to adjust your formula to accomodate the letters that are not used that can be mistaken for numbers etc. (e.g. I O Q)

I remember when they used to change the entire plate every year, not just a sticker renewal. IIRC they stopped changing the plate back in 1971-2.
dBlast,Sep 30 2005, 02:44 PM Wrote:You will have to adjust your formula to accomodate the letters that are not used that can be mistaken for numbers etc.  (e.g. I O Q)

[right][snapback]145859[/snapback][/right]

And don't forget combinations like ASS :lol:
dBlast,Sep 30 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:You will have to adjust your formula to accomodate the letters that are not used that can be mistaken for numbers etc.  (e.g. I O Q)

I remember when they used to change the entire plate every year, not just a sticker renewal.  IIRC they stopped changing the plate back in 1971-2.

really? my buddy's license has AHIN, and my mom's license plate has a q I'm sure..

and my old truck plates had an O in them...

puzzling...

p.s. my license plate starts with an I... gonna take a while for the rest of ontario to catch up!
2001 ZTS,Sep 30 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:To use up all the "A"'s that means 1(A)*26*26*26*10*10*10=17,576,000 possible combinations used up in the past 10 years or so.
[right][snapback]145857[/snapback][/right]

Thats just one plate, Ontario has 2 so multiply that by 2.

also... when they run out of combinaitions, they should just give us all quebec plates, that way we dont need that stupid front plate anymore.
paolo,Sep 30 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Sep 30 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:To use up all the "A"'s that means 1(A)*26*26*26*10*10*10=17,576,000 possible combinations used up in the past 10 years or so.
[right][snapback]145857[/snapback][/right]

Thats just one plate, Ontario has 2 so multiply that by 2.

also... when they run out of combinaitions, they should just give us all quebec plates, that way we dont need that stupid front plate anymore.
[right][snapback]145864[/snapback][/right]

and we can have awesome combinations that ive seen like

FAG 1342 and so forth.
i was just thinking about this the other day....as i'm going to be getting the Festiva for winter.....i was wondering if i would get ABxx 001
Focused,Sep 30 2005, 04:26 PM Wrote:i was just thinking about this the other day....as i'm going to be getting the Festiva for winter.....i was wondering if i would get ABxx 001
[right][snapback]145889[/snapback][/right]

Dont you mean Bxxx ###? I had a ABxx ### ten years ago.
hahah yes...thats what i meant
I loved the girl at work with the Anel license. Told her I wanted to give it to her up the bum. She told my wife. Trouble.
LMAO @ Brian... bastard..
Re/ title of thread:

Every knows that "Attack of the Killer B's" was a collection of Metalica B sides including "Bring the Noise" with Public Enemy? (back in the days of vinyl)
dBlast,Sep 30 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:You will have to adjust your formula to accomodate the letters that are not used that can be mistaken for numbers etc.  (e.g. I O Q)

I remember when they used to change the entire plate every year, not just a sticker renewal.  IIRC they stopped changing the plate back in 1971-2.

That was 1973 actually and the plates had the slogan "Keep It Beautiful" on them (I still have the plates from my dad's old 'Stang here somewhere AVW 289)

'course the front plate is beat to hell & back, the front end of a '67 Stang wasn't the most license plate friendly...

NefCanuck
In SK we're still using "### XXX" six digit plates.. and you have to love the slogan we have on ours.

I bet you Ontario guys wish you lived in the "Land of Living Skies" :P
guilty,Oct 1 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:In SK we're still using "### XXX" six digit plates.. and you have to love the slogan we have on ours.

I bet you Ontario guys wish you lived in the "Land of Living Skies" :P
[right][snapback]145982[/snapback][/right]
theres nothing else in Saskatewan then eh? just remember to Keep it beautiful