FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Chopping Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a new set of fusion zr1 on my wagon - and the insides of all the tires are just sligtly chopping? - any reasons - car was aligned and everything was fine

feedback please!!
What size??? I know my 215-45-17's rubbed on the inside of the wheel well. And the rubber inside the wheel well is worn away (this was at stock height too).
my svt feathers its tires quite badly... i hope an allignment will clear it up. i think i have too much weight on the rear suspension.
focusnme,Sep 30 2005, 09:10 AM Wrote:i have a new set of fusion zr1 on my wagon - and the insides of all the tires are just sligtly chopping? - any reasons - car was aligned and everything was fine

feedback please!!
[right][snapback]145754[/snapback][/right]

Craig:

are you lowered????

If not, maybe you got a bad set of tires????
ya same size 17"s

alignment is good - tires we awesome till 2-3 weeks ago - im thinkin maybe shocks!! - car is not lowered
is it a chopping noise at a certen speed limit ?? because if it is being new tires they could be over inflated and you should check on that, just to be safe.

Either that or maybe one of the tires has a bald spot on already. I know a while ago there was massive recalls on the Honda / Acura NSX for having tires that more or less had to be replaced ever few thousand / hundred klicks.
Is chopping the same as cupping, where the tread blocks are higher or lower than some?
If so, and your car is right than the tires are garbage and the place you bought them needs to replace them. This is very common with front bike tires, which the dealer will replace without question, as long as the air pressure is right.