FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Colin Mcrae For The Psp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to admit, I'm hooked..

When I first booted up the game, i was none too impressed, but with a week under my belt, I'm getting used to portable mcrae... it's great! .. graphics aren't always the best, until you realize just how much detail there is.

And I thought the physics weren't the greatest until I hit the uber jump in the finland stage... I thought the game is perfect, too bad you can't roll the car.

then bam, off a cliff I go, and she doth roll!

But I have to ask, are all colin mcrae games this freakin' hard?!!?!

I mean, I'm trying to start my career, but I have to start with a lowly VW... I gear it low pick some decent rubber, drive cleanly, and fast, but still post 30 seconds slower than the rally leader.

HOW THE HELL AM I TO WIN POINTS?!?!

do you do the insanely fast and hard championship first to win upgrades to pimp your beater in career? I mean, I can actually win a rally in the WRC focus, Subie, and Evo, but I'm having a hard time winning enough rallies to actually win the championship.

I just want to unlock the group B cars...

I've never had a rally game give me such grief...yet, not be able to put it down...
Colin MacRae Rally 2005 for the PC is bitch hard too. But there's a long learning curve.

I say, take it easy and don't full throttle everywhere, anticipate the turn and take it properly, and don't floor it before a jump Dukes of Hazzard style (that's what causes most of the control and crash problems).

Its very hard but it takes lots of practice to get somewhat good.
is it anywhere as good as GT4?
well, it's just a rally game... but it does rally better than GT4.

but to be honest, the little PSP has to work hard to keep up to it's larger bretheren.. does an adequate job tho.
Yeah I know, I think I got 2004 or 2005 for the PC and it's damn hard, almost pointless and frusterating as hell. They should have had an 'arcade' mode on it as it's probably as hard (if not harder) to stay on the road then the actual true race.