FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lowering Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok i know the focus doesnt have much ground clearance as it is. Anyone have a dropped car that they still use for winter? If so.. have you encountered any problems with snow?

Cuz im personally thinking of going the Eibach Sportline direction.. soon.
JRC ZX3 2003,Sep 27 2005, 11:12 PM Wrote:Ok i know the focus doesnt have much ground clearance as it is. Anyone have a dropped car that they still use for winter? If so.. have you encountered any problems with snow?

[right][snapback]145158[/snapback][/right]

i have K & W variant II's fully adjustable.............this is the first year the car is going to have to see snow and i am going to raise it forsure...........if you are going to get suspension i say wait till the spring........save the money
must agree, at this point in the year, don't spend your money on suspension, save it, spend it on other mods, and save during the winter, specially on something like this
It doesn't matter spend money now or later. I think suspension is a great mod. I personally think that the sportlines (just the springs) are too low of a drop for the stock shocks/struts.

I had sportlines on my old car, the ride was real low. But I still drove it in the winter without issues.

I got FK Coilovers for $200-300 less than the best price I could find on the eibach pro-kit (springs and dampers). The quality of this kit is real nice too....so you could essentially raise the car in the winter and slam it in the summer...I guess it would just be an alignment you'd want to do each time....but you could still raise and lower it according to season.

Thing is if you find sportlines too low,then you got to shell out more money to get proline springs to go less of a drop.
I'd say by the suspension now, you never know what may happen in the future, things change. If you can afford to do it now, why wait. There's still a couple of months before the major snow starts.

Not to jack the thread or anything, but where did you get the FK kit? and which coilovers did you get?

I have K & W variant I the last........3yr and as long as your car is balance(aligment, tires, heigth...etc) you won't have problem w/ the snow.

And I strongly suggest you to do it before the winter. With the stupid design the focus suspension have the rear will become harder and harder to take off with each winter past. The rusted bolt will become impossible even if you have air gun and the only way to take it off is cutting.
I find the Focus sits really high. I have the sportline kit and I put my focus beside my buddies Honda and they now have the same ground clearance and his is stock
BradfordZX3,Sep 28 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:I find the Focus sits really high. I have the sportline kit and I put my focus beside my buddies Honda and they now have the same ground clearance and his is stock
[right][snapback]145326[/snapback][/right]

He must have spec'd it with the couch potato-edition hamsters.

Seriously, I had our sedan next to Hardk0re's before he did his suspension work this spring, and the sedan looked dropped compared to his S2 ZX3. Then again, the S2s are apparently notorious for 4x4-levels of ground clearance from what I was told.
JRC ZX3 2003,Sep 27 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:Ok i know the focus doesnt have much ground clearance as it is. Anyone have a dropped car that they still use for winter? If so.. have you encountered any problems with snow?

[right][snapback]145158[/snapback][/right]

i drive my focus last winter with a 1,5" drop (without the body kit of course), i never been stuck in the snow, i guess a half inch more lower wouldnt change so much thing...
I have the SHM kit, and so does Darkpuppet and a think a few others have bits and peices of them...they've never reported issues in the snow, and outside of winter, I've never had any clearance issues or rubing issues of any kind. This kit is about 1.25-1.5" in the front, and about 1.75" in the rear. The car will look lowered, but only to those people who are observant of such things. Like how well balanced the system works. Give it a look...
I got the Sportline(just the springs) and like harkore said it's low. And my stock shocks where shot in a month. If you go with the sportline go with the struts and shock has well.
i have the Fk coilovers and i have it set as love as the rear will go and the front a little lower ( gives it a nice stance ) last winter i had no problems and i didnt touch the ride hight ...but i think i am gonna raise it this winter and put snow tires on it ...
I just ordered a set of FK coilovers. So if what all you guys say is true, i'm sure it is, I'm hoping i won't have a problem this winter. I prolly won't drop the car as far as it will go, prolly somewhere in the middle.
habmann,Oct 3 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:I just ordered a set of FK coilovers. So if what all you guys say is true, i'm sure it is, I'm hoping i won't have a problem this winter. I prolly won't drop the car as far as it will go, prolly somewhere in the middle.
[right][snapback]146374[/snapback][/right]

If you don't mind how much did you pay for that kit?
If he got the same deal as me, $450US.
focusonthis_88,Oct 5 2005, 09:12 AM Wrote:
habmann,Oct 3 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:I just ordered a set of FK coilovers. So if what all you guys say is true, i'm sure it is, I'm hoping i won't have a problem this winter. I prolly won't drop the car as far as it will go, prolly somewhere in the middle.

[right][snapback]146722[/snapback][/right]

with your body kit, it may be a good idea to be able to raise the car a little.
Flofocus,Oct 5 2005, 10:02 AM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Oct 5 2005, 09:12 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]146722[/snapback][/right]

with your body kit, it may be a good idea to be able to raise the car a little.
[right][snapback]146736[/snapback][/right]

Well...I was thinking of dropping it more. j/k. Ya, it would help alot for some places.
:lol:

I dont think you can get any lower. :lol:
Flofocus,Oct 5 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote::lol:

I dont think you can get any lower.  :lol:
[right][snapback]146764[/snapback][/right]

I know...Under my front bumper it's all scratch!
Ya i got the same deal as hardcore $450 for the suspension plus $25 for shipping. Not a bad price all told, not i just need to get them installed. Man I can't wait.
Pages: 1 2