FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Good Lubricant For Suspension Bushings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title says it, what's a good lube for bushings?
Hmm, I'll take a stab in the dark... WD-40 perhaps?
Maybe it's not your bushing. One of my front springs was cracked near the bushing, on the first turn of the coil.
not a broken spring, just squeaky bushings
Kool_ZX3,Sep 27 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:Title says it, what's a good lube for bushings?
[right][snapback]145134[/snapback][/right]

Well, my Energy grease-fitting sway bar bushings say to use "your favourite grease" or something like that. Prothane provides some special teflon-based grease that is really sticky and thick. I added grease fittings to all my rear suspension bushings and use lithium grease and, to date, seems to work OK.

Any help? :blink:
That generic black grease you can find at almost all mechanics places works fine... I used that on my old car lots of time.
using oil-based grease will destroy your bushings!!! don't use Moly grease or wheel bearing grease or axel grease!

you need something called "Sil-Glide." it's a silicone based lube designed for rubber and a plastics like urathane. it wont damage the bushings or rubbers and is resistant to wash off from water.

i use this on every car i work on that has a squeak and the problems always get fixed.
it comes in a white tube and you should be able to find it at most decent Automotive stores like Lordco or any brake specific shop.
ZX3TUNING,Oct 1 2005, 04:01 PM Wrote:using oil-based grease will destroy your bushings!!! don't use Moly grease or wheel bearing grease or axel grease!

you need something called "Sil-Glide." it's a silicone based lube designed for rubber and a plastics like urathane. it wont damage the bushings or rubbers and is resistant to wash off from water.

i use this on every car i work on that has a squeak and the problems always get fixed.
it comes in a white tube and you should be able to find it at most decent Automotive stores like Lordco or any brake specific shop.
[right][snapback]146002[/snapback][/right]

I used some crc extreme siliscone lubircant, seems to work good B)
Lithium won't work?
ANTHONYD,Oct 2 2005, 12:15 PM Wrote:Lithium won't work?
[right][snapback]146098[/snapback][/right]

Don't think so, in fact that's what I use on the gears and pistons on my knee brace to keep it moving smoothly :ph34r:

NefCanuck