FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hella Light Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I have high beams but no low beams or day time running lights. I have checked the fuses and everything seems to be ok..All the lights work cause when you turn your high beams on all the bulbs work. The only problem is the low beams.

Anyone know what it could be?
When you turn your high beams on all 4 bulbs light up?

On mine it would switch between the two can't remember which is which, but one set is for low beam and the other set is for high beam. Your problem might be the relay that is part of the hella system.
I was thinking that, but you can hear it click when the high beams are turned on which would mean that the power for the low beams is there. All 4 lights always turned on when the high beams were on, its just now the low beam or drls won't turn on. I had this problem before but after a week it just started to work again.

I had that problem many times........... and it fried my wiring harness once, and cost me over $1000 to repair them. Untill I hooked up the stockers and looked under the hood to solve the problem permintly.

I can tell you it might be related to the fuses under the hood, check all your fuses first, and replace all the burned out fuses. Then pull out one or both of your gray / black relays related to your headlights, and try to switch them around, ie. putting the one from the back to the front, etc... then try turning on the car to see if your DRL / low beams come on.

I noticed that I had to replace the front low beam relay as it was expanded and was no longer of use, before I removed the hella's all together from my car.

IF this dose not work check your wiring related to the hella lights. IF you fused the wires together without the plugs you could have burned out your wiring harness, IF you did your wiring of your hella's this way you'll also VOID your warentee on your lights!!!!! Wiring harness are really expencive to replace, and will cost you large ammounts of money.

if you need help feel free to e-mail me and I can give you photos of what relays you can switch around, or give you Relays as I have about 10 extra.