FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stone Chips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently waxed my focus, and 2 days later now the tiny stone chips are really visible from the wax...does anyone else have this problem and if so are there any tips for me to get these out?
What i did with all my stone chips, was go to canadian tire, pick up a tube of touch up paint, alont with a tube of clear, wash the car, put it on, let it sit, put another layer, let it sit, then put 2 layers of clear, worked well, can't even tell there was anything there now
or you could go to your local dealership and buy the exact colour so then you can be sure it is the right colour, i just slapped some paint on mine, looks lke crap up close, but more than 5 meters away you can't tell the difference, i didn't do a good job on mine, be sure to take your time.
Another good reason for 3M film hood protectant. ;)
Get some touch -up paint.

-CLEAN THE CAR WELL.
-REMOVE ALL WAX FROM THE SURFACE
-FIND YOUR OFFENDING CHIPS.
-TAKE AN ERASER (YES, A PENCIL ERASER) AND USE IT ON THE CHIPS. THIS WILL CLEAN OUT ALL WAX WITHIN THE CHIP, AS WELL AS ANYTHING ELSE.
-WASH THE CAR AGAIN
-DRY COMPLETELY
-APPLY TOUCH UP PAINT WITH TOOTHPICK OR MATCH STICK (THE BRUSH IN THE TOUCH-UP PAINT IS WAY TOO LARGE)
-LET DRY COMPLETELY
-CLAY BAR THE AREA YOU USED THE TOUCH UP-PAINT (THIS WILL LOWER ANY TINY HIGH SPOTS)
-WASH AND WAX THE CAR.

Generally, that's how I do it. I have scratches on my car I was able to fill to the point where you wuldn't know they were there.

Also search the web.... there a TON of good resourses on touch-ups.