FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Seen A Police Charger Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seen a test charger with ontario plates on it today in bathurst, wondering what in god's name it was doing down here. Had the 6 cyl in it and other tidbits.
:postpics:
Raine,Sep 26 2005, 11:42 PM Wrote::postpics:
[right][snapback]145018[/snapback][/right]
this thread is worthless WITH pics. Charger :puke:
i find it odd that it has only a v6 ....they [the cop versions] are all equipped with the HEMI ....
thats sorta strange... perhaps ontario wants to save on gas.

The intrepid copcars always had the 3.5... and i think the impala's had the 3.4 or 3.8
Focused,Sep 27 2005, 11:18 AM Wrote:i find it odd that it has only a v6 ....they [the cop versions] are all equipped with the HEMI ....
[right][snapback]145051[/snapback][/right]

The cops versions are getting both, the cops cars don't need a hemi. gas wasting overkill is what they are.
Kool_ZX3,Sep 26 2005, 09:47 PM Wrote:Seen a test charger with ontario plates on it today in bathurst, wondering what in god's name it was doing down here. Had the 6 cyl in it and other tidbits.
[right][snapback]144980[/snapback][/right]
How do you know it had a V6 and it was a tester?

I can see the OPP using the new Impala SS with the 303hp V8! Just wouldn't want to try pushing some fatass drunk into that little back seat. :lol:
Impala... SS... 303HP V8? :o

I gotta look into that.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 28 2005, 11:20 PM Wrote:Impala... SS... 303HP V8? :o

I gotta look into that.
[right][snapback]145411[/snapback][/right]

yeah, you'll look into that if youre gay...

5.3 V8 FWD AUTO... MMMHMM, sounds like an awesome combo to me :fag:

Lol, i'm not calling you a fag adam.. but gm sure knows how to ruin an idea.
I don't know who the hell at GM keeps thinking the V8 & RWD is a good combo. Seems like every 10 years they keep trying to bring it back. I do have to say I read an article about they new Impala, and it said there was very little torque steer, so maybe they got it right this time. Still you would think the car would just be a nose heavy pig.

Quote:V8 fans will welcome the return of the small block V8. The 2006 Impala SS gets a new aluminum 5.3 litre V8 developed specifically for front-wheel drive applications and used first in the Pontiac Grand Prix GXP. It sends 303 horses to the front wheels and boasts Displacement on Demand, a sophisticated electro-mechanical system that deactivates four cylinders under no and low-load conditions to save fuel. The switch to and from eight cylinders is virtually undetectable and instantaneous. With all eight pumping, there is little doubt this is a high output engine. With plenty of feedback from the ears, seat of the pants and tugging at the steering wheel full throttle in the SS is a true treat.. A four-speed automatic is the only transmission available, regardless of engine.
scoobasteve,Sep 29 2005, 01:43 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 28 2005, 11:20 PM Wrote:Impala... SS... 303HP V8? :o

I gotta look into that.
[right][snapback]145411[/snapback][/right]

yeah, you'll look into that if youre gay...

5.3 V8 FWD AUTO... MMMHMM, sounds like an awesome combo to me :fag:

Lol, i'm not calling you a fag adam.. but gm sure knows how to ruin an idea.
[right][snapback]145526[/snapback][/right]

Don't forget the old as hell 4 speed auto :lol:
Okay bringing this now off-topic topic back on topic (say that five times fast :D )

Saw an '06 Dodge Charger done up in police colours today in Mississauga, travelling along Hillcrest onto Kirwin and he made a right going east onto Dundas at 9AM thismorning. Scared the crap outta me at first because the colour scheme is an almost exact match for Peel Region's police car colours.

NefCanuck
chinaman,Sep 28 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Sep 26 2005, 09:47 PM Wrote:Seen a test charger with ontario plates on it today in bathurst, wondering what in god's name it was doing down here. Had the 6 cyl in it and other tidbits.
[right][snapback]144980[/snapback][/right]
How do you know it had a V6 and it was a tester?

[right][snapback]145333[/snapback][/right]
And how do you know it had a V6 and it was a tester?
Yeah, i'm really disappointed with the new Charger's... <_< Having to see a copper version would kill me.
saw not seen dude
grammer 101
BradfordZX3,Oct 4 2005, 12:51 AM Wrote:saw not seen dude
grammer 101
[right][snapback]146439[/snapback][/right]

OK is it just me or do you like being a prick :blink: :lol: Sorry i mad a mistake man :rolleyes:

anyway the friend that was with me when i seen it, he has a friend on his msn and he was talkin to her and her father was the one driving the car around and she said it had the v6. Sounded like the v6 to, no hemi in that thing.
Kool_ZX3,Oct 4 2005, 12:23 AM Wrote:
grammer 101
Sounded like the v6 to, no hemi in that thing.
[right][snapback]146440[/snapback][/right]
It's funny you should mention how quiet it was. When I was at the Dixie car show a Magnum SRT-8 with the 6.1 hemi pulled in to take a look, and we couldn't hear the motor.
Kool_ZX3,Oct 4 2005, 01:23 AM Wrote:
grammer 101

OK is it just me or do you like being a prick :blink: :lol: Sorry i mad a mistake man :rolleyes:

anyway the friend that was with me when i seen it, he has a friend on his msn and he was talkin to her and her father was the one driving the car around and she said it had the v6. Sounded like the v6 to, no hemi in that thing.
[right][snapback]146440[/snapback][/right]

I am not trying to be a prick. I was trying to help
Pages: 1 2