FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Average Price
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, just curious, but what would be an average price for someone to install exhaust. I'm curious cause mine is going on 2morro, and i wanna know if he's ripping me off or not
smith21,Sep 26 2005, 09:04 PM Wrote:hey guys, just curious, but what would be an average price for someone to install exhaust. I'm curious cause mine is going on 2morro, and i wanna know if he's ripping me off or not
[right][snapback]144973[/snapback][/right]

It doesn't take long if you know what you're doing. With the right tools, probably 45min to one hour. It depends on the labour rate/hr... I think general labour rates at automotive shops are like 75-85bucks/hr. Who's installing it for you in Sudsbury?
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 26 2005, 10:09 PM Wrote:It doesn't take long if you know what you're doing.  With the right tools, probably 45min to one hour.  It depends on the labour rate/hr...  I think general labour rates at automotive shops are like 75-85bucks/hr.  Who's installing it for you in Sudsbury?
[right][snapback]144986[/snapback][/right]

Gil's brake shop. Was going to get the Muffler shop, but he couldn't garantee to get it done when i wanted it to be done, which was 2morro morning.
I paid Midas $45 to install mine. He was finished in under 45 mins!

is 63 something too much? that's what i got charged, it was $50 labour, 2.25 for a gasket seal thing, and then tax obviously. Too much?
I'd say you didn't pay too much, looks like you got charged for an hours labour and the gasket. Which gasket did you need? When i did my MBRP it came with all the gaskets. Thats the only thing that seems a little bit odd to me.
Gaskets came with my kit as well... :huh:

ZX3guy2000,Sep 27 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:Gaskets came with my kit as well... :huh:
[right][snapback]145062[/snapback][/right]

If they used gasket sealant, its like an orange stuff, I wouldn't be surprised. But if they charged you for an additional gasket, check it out and yell at someone. :ph34r:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 27 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:[If they used gasket sealant, its like an orange stuff, I wouldn't be surprised.  But if they charged you for an additional gasket, check it out and yell at someone. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]145063[/snapback][/right]

it was the gasket sealant s**t..sorry, i didn't specify :rolleyes:
smith21,Sep 27 2005, 04:46 PM Wrote:it was the gasket sealant s**t..sorry, i didn't specify  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]145128[/snapback][/right]

Good. So how does the exhaust sound now?
Sounds really nice :) , i even have my ricer friends leaning towards my exhaust over theirs