FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paintball Shoot Em Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LET'S SHOOT EACH OTHER!

Who wants to play paintball? If anyone's up for it, let's hit up sgt splatters in a couple weeks, on a sunday/friday evening.
I keep saying i'm gonna go out and play paintball, so if you can get a meet organized i'm in aslong as i'm in town at the time.
If you don't mind the drive to Toronto, it'd be great for you to join in.

How's this work out for everyone:

Friday, October 7th, 7pm - Whenever you run out of paint/money

That's the long weekend Friday too... let me know!
just my 0.02$ but sgt splatter is a damn filthy hole of a paintball place. I would never go back there because they are in for the money and not the love of PB.

I'll say tentatively i'm in right now. It all really depends on whether i'm home from work in time to be there. Is Friday nite just a walk-on time? And are the prices on the website? Being the i'm a paintball newb i'd need to rent the stuff.
french_connection,Sep 26 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:just my 0.02$  but sgt splatter is a damn filthy hole of a paintball place. I would never go back there because they are in for the money and not the love of PB.
[right][snapback]144892[/snapback][/right]

Not too many other places to go in Toronto, Marc. I mean there's Area 51, which is super bright and very slippery because they never clean it, and paintball city who require you to wear big ugly rubber vests. Splatters is the only busy ground in Toronto, and I know the guys so often get a deal on paint.

If anyone is interested you can go to http://www.sgtsplatters.com to see the details. They also have a coupon there which gives you a free rental & free entry, so all you pay for is paint. If we could make it there before 4 pm, we could get 1/2 price paint, but I figure people gotta work.
its sad, here in london we have FLAGSWIPE that has a pretty good indoor with astroturf and all inflateable field. or their outdoor in woodstock which is just off the hook!

my main problem with sgt splatter is that it is filthy with paint and that they kinda have very low quality rentals.
Great, how low is low quality rentals really? Like being a newb i'd like to have something of chance. Now i realize guys with their own fancy stuff will prolly own me but do i stand a chance against the average person with the rental gear?
Splatters has 2 field markers, the cheap no name brand, and their Tippmann Custom 98's... the Tippmanns are tanks... never jam, 1/2 decent accuracy... they suck CO2, but you could always borrow one of my larger tanks to use. Last time I went and my spyder crapped out on me, they let me use one of the tippmanns for free, and with my electro hopper on it, I kept up... averaged about 3 - 4 kills per game (with 20 on the field) before getting shot out... not bad considering how much closer I had to be and the time it took to adjust my aim with the tippmann (8" barrell vs 14" barrell = hahaha)... still, you wouldn't be bad off using the c98's...
Thats not bad then. As long as i'm home from work, which its looking like i will be i'm in for sure. But i'll try and confirm closer to the date for sure.
yeah, pay the little extra for the good guns, they worth it, last time I went there upper guns were some piraha's, but if they use 98 custom, its much better, as raine said, those are absolute tanks, they are the most reliable gun on the market for dirty and crappy conditions.

they like the energizer bunny... they go and go and go....

i owned one highly modified and it was tha bomb.

*I wish all tippman came with flatlines stocks, they rules, I had one for my 98 and one for my A5.

300 ft of killing zone. B)
How many FC guys are going to this event?

For anyone that's renting equip. i called the place tonite, its an extra $10 for the Tippman gun. Definately an upgrade i'll be springing for. Also if you're gonna go, get the coupon sent to you if you're renting, all you gotta pay for with the coupon, is paint and the CO2. Saves ya like $20, which you can put towards the better gun :D

This will be my first meet so hopefully i'll get to meet a bunch of you guys finally.

Bump! I got at least one other buddy coming along now. If you guys have quams about the location, we can do area 51 if you want. But Splatters is gonna be nice and packed on a long weekend Friday. So many targets :D
If we need more guys to come, i can see if i can get my buddy to come along.

Being a total newb and having never gone to play paintball, what sorta things should i bring with me?
No matter the kinda player you are, you're gonna get dehydrated, breathing in paint fumes and trying to breathe appropriately to avoid fogging up your mask. If I were you, this would be my newb list:

- Long sleeve shirt/sweater that can get really dirty
- Pants/Jeans that either are used for housework or are waterproof
- a change of clothes for after the game
- a pair of cheap boots (got the ones I use for paintball at walmart for $9.99) or kleats.
- Change of socks/shoes
- A pair of gloves (hand breaks hurt more than any other hit)
- a garbage bag to put all the dirty stuff in soas to not mess up your car
- Paper towel to wipe paint/sweat off your skin
- Minimum 2 bottles of water
- a sandwich/something to snack on

and most importantly, more money than you think you'll spend.
Thanx, seems like a pretty good list. Can't wait to finally get out and play. Looks like its just you and I, Raine. Oh well should still be a good time.
Ah you never know. There's a few guys on here that never post they're coming yet always seem to show up to meets... I'm planning to be there for quite a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if people come and go. I might drop in before 4 and buy a case of paint for 1/2 price... we'll see if they still do that... otherwise it's $160 for a case, which is still $8/100 (1/2 price days it's $7.50/hundred, normally $15) so you figure split 3 or 4 ways, 500 for $40 ain't too bad.. we'll see.
I'd go, but i'm quite bad at paintball.

last time i went i broke my gun... (saftey still doesnt work)

and i got shot in the neck twice. man that sucked.

not to mention i = huge target lol
Paintball ain't my thing I'm afraid, I'm so slow on my feet that a giant "Shoot me now" sign applied to my back would be redundant :(

Now if they made a paintball machine gun and I could just sit and camp, then we might have something there :ph34r:

NefCanuck
are we aloud to bring our own paintballs to sgt splatters? if so wouldn't that be cheaper?
Pages: 1 2