FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: High Definition Tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Because the Rogers HD STB was on sale last week, I decided it was time to make the leap to HDTV. Wow! The picture on my 65 inch Toshiba is stunning, especially baseball and football. Any other HDTV viewers here?

Because of my newfound desire for the best picture possible, I ordered one of those upconverting dvd players. I understand that they don't upconvert copyprotected dvds over component, but I believe they still do over HDMI. Anyone have experience with one of these?
Did you buy it? And if so where from? If you came to my store and didn't buy it from me I'll be very disappointed.
Sorry Al, I didn't realize you sell them. They were on sale at Futureshop and Bestbuy last week for $249.99.
You got ripped off my friend. They were on sale at my store for $149.00 ($299 - $100 rebate offer - $50 gift card that could be applied to the cost of the box). Betcha they didn't activate it for you either? Did they at least give you the 10 months of free HD programming?
Raine,Sep 26 2005, 03:25 AM Wrote:You got ripped off my friend. They were on sale at my store for $149.00 ($299 - $100 rebate offer - $50 gift card that could be applied to the cost of the box). Betcha they didn't activate it for you either? Did they at least give you the 10 months of free HD programming?
[right][snapback]144754[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Al, you just ruined my day. I thought $250 was good since I remember seeing them for $499 a year ago. :( :angry:
Raine,Sep 25 2005, 11:25 PM Wrote:You got ripped off my friend. They were on sale at my store for $149.00 ($299 - $100 rebate offer - $50 gift card that could be applied to the cost of the box). Betcha they didn't activate it for you either? Did they at least give you the 10 months of free HD programming?

AL, whats the price with the Employee Discount? im thinkin about pickin one up too! i got my cable Internet discount submitted too!!
No employee discount prices on terminals Paul. The only digital cable deal for employees is on the VIP Ultimate Digital with Movies pack.. we get a spanking good deal on that, but that's it.

And sorry, Pete, didn't mean to ruin your day. But don't forget in future that you know someone that works at Rogers, which I'll add is closer than Best Buy to you.
Raine,Sep 26 2005, 03:33 AM Wrote:And sorry, Pete, didn't mean to ruin your day. But don't forget in future that you know someone that works at Rogers, which I'll add is closer than Best Buy to you.
[right][snapback]144757[/snapback][/right]
I'm a lazy f**k, I ordered it on-line. :P
i just got my HDTV PVR for 6 months and free programing

and damn is it ever f'n sweet

What's an HD STB?
SL8RZZX3,Sep 26 2005, 03:40 AM Wrote:i just got my HDTV PVR for 6 months and free programing

and damn is it ever f'n sweet

What's an HD STB?
[right][snapback]144761[/snapback][/right]
STB is just short for Set Top Box. The PVR must be nice. I understand the first Leafs game on Oct. 5 will be on TSN HD. I can't wait! I'm hoping CBC HD carries the Saturday games, but their on-going labour dispute may disrupt this.
Raine,Sep 25 2005, 11:33 PM Wrote:No employee discount prices on terminals Paul. The only digital cable deal for employees is on the VIP Ultimate Digital with Movies pack.. we get a spanking good deal on that, but that's it.

And sorry, Pete, didn't mean to ruin your day. But don't forget in future that you know someone that works at Rogers, which I'll add is closer than Best Buy to you.
[right][snapback]144757[/snapback][/right]

VIP ultimate digital with movies pack? thats F'N STEEPED!!! sign me up, lemme go down to your store one evening and pick it up.
You can't get that deal, Paul. It's only Rogers Cable employees

And STB :P Must be a Future shop term. It's a Digital Television Terminal... DTV for short :P
Raine,Sep 26 2005, 06:17 AM Wrote:And STB :P Must be a Future shop term. It's a Digital Television Terminal... DTV for short :P
[right][snapback]144783[/snapback][/right]
Actually it's a term used in many Digital Audio/Video forums I've been frequenting lately.
Set Top Box generally refers to those old antiquated cable boxes from way back in the day... those things were the s**t :P
Raine,Sep 26 2005, 06:45 AM Wrote:Set Top Box generally refers to those old antiquated cable boxes from way back in the day... those things were the s**t :P
[right][snapback]144786[/snapback][/right]
Al, you're too young to remember these babies. It was the great leap from rabbit ear antennas picking up three or four bad channels to cable TV with up to 20 clear channels.
Surfing channels was like using a typewriter. :D
As a kid, having one of these made you the most popular kid on the block. :lol:

[Image: converter.jpg]
*drools* I need a HD box for my HDTV........mmmmmmmmmmmm......hockey
ZTWsugardaddy,Sep 25 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:I understand the first Leafs game on Oct. 5 will be on TSN HD.  I can't wait!  [right][snapback]144766[/snapback][/right]
Me neither, now we can all watch the Leafs suck with amazing clarity. :lol:
Raine,Sep 25 2005, 11:25 PM Wrote:You got ripped off my friend. They were on sale at my store for $149.00 ($299 - $100 rebate offer - $50 gift card that could be applied to the cost of the box). Betcha they didn't activate it for you either? Did they at least give you the 10 months of free HD programming?

Ok, I'll bite.

Are they still on sale for this price?

Where is your store located? When do you work? (commissioned sale$$?)

[Image: converter.jpg]

HaHa I remember tripping over that damn brown cord all the time.
Dang... I can't wait to get my new projector... and then I'll have a reason for HDTV.
there's a new 37" LCD TV coming out that boasts a 200,000:1 contrast ratio, perfect black and 1,000cdm brightness

and it costs only $49,000...

[Image: 20050923-brightside2.jpg]
Pages: 1 2