FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Euro Focus 1.6 Tdci
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am now in Europe visiting La Famiglia :D and I have the pleasure to drive a 2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI , rental . Nice car , can't complain , loaded with features , good handling and very economical , it's a diesel , which I love , I know many of you could care less about the diesel aspect . But trust me , this powerplant could almost keep up with the 2.0l gasoline engine that we get in Canada . Also in town , I get 600 and change km per tank ( 50L ) . This one has 110HP , it feels slow in 1st gear , but once the turbo kicks in , it goes " not too bad " as you say :D . As far as handling goes , it feels stable at high speeds , while cruising on the German hwy , at 180km/h had very little lean through the curves . If I didn't know any better I would think I was driving my wife's Mazda3 . Too bad the max speed is only 187 km/h , therefore I had absolutely no reason to move left more than middle lane . Left lane is for the big dogs , so don't play with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy . A 135 BMW left us in the dust (while we were doing almost 190 ) , my wife didn't even have time to photographe it . :blink:
Now some pics . "Entschuldigung" for not washing the car before taking them pics .
Front and rear , ext .
[Image: IMG_0016.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0006.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0008.jpg]

Interior ,
[Image: IMG_0013.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0011.jpg]

Dual Climate zone ,
[Image: IMG_0026.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0012.jpg]

In-dash feat . ESP , etc . and the refinement vs. the ugly ass N/A cluster . no offence :( . Observe the average fuel consumption displayed ... :blink:
[Image: IMG_0023.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0017.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0010.jpg]

Last but not least , Ze Powerplant , Oh Ja ! But to open Ze hood , first insert the key , turn left to open , then turn right to lift it ! :o That's some Euro s*** right there !
[Image: IMG_0019.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0022.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0021.jpg]

I hope you'll enjoy it . Some more Autobahn pics to follow . Without the 400 series crack and pot holes ... :( How the hell do they manage ? Oh , Ze Germans ...
Interesting dash but I'm not a fan of scattering the warning lights around the dashboard. I'd rather have them all in one place so that I know where I should be looking for them.

Dual climate zone in a Focus? Man that's upscale :D (and even money says its not even an option when the new Focus arrives here)

Ugh and the splitting of the wipers and lights? -shudder-

NefCanuck
I hate to tell you this but that's the Focus C-Max.... still looks good, for a mini MPV, if anything it's twin cousin is the Mazda5.
Lol
we rented Ford C-Max when're went to France for work 2 months ago. It was an OK car inside but power wise meeeehh. Beat the hell out of that wagon,minivan thing.

Will post pics later.
Frost__2001,Apr 3 2010, 06:11 PM Wrote:I hate to tell you this but that's the Focus C-Max....  still looks good, for a mini MPV, if anything it's twin cousin is the Mazda5.
[right][snapback]304400[/snapback][/right]

You keep hatin' but it's a Focus Wagon . The C-Max it's a little bigger . And taller . Would you like a copy of the title ?
NikiterZTS,Apr 3 2010, 06:35 PM Wrote:Lol
we rented Ford C-Max when're went to France for work 2 months ago. It was an OK car inside but power wise meeeehh. Beat the hell out of that wagon,minivan thing.

Will post pics later.
[right][snapback]304406[/snapback][/right]

What do you expect from a 1.6 ? And diesel , I am talking about mine now... .but when going 180 on the hwy and the computer shows an average of 5.5-6l/100km I say hell yes . See , when I rent a car , in regards to performance all I need is to be fast on the hwy , not race it between stop lights . And then to be fuel efficient , because here's "only " 1.3 Euroster (diesel ).
NefCanuck,Apr 3 2010, 05:59 PM Wrote:Interesting dash but I'm not a fan of scattering the warning lights around the dashboard.  I'd rather have them all in one place so that I know where I should be looking for them.

Dual climate zone in a Focus?  Man that's upscale :D (and even money says its not even an option when the new Focus arrives here)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]304399[/snapback][/right]

Daniel , those lights only come on all at once when you first turn the key ! :lol: They're not so "scattered " .How hard is to see both dials at once ? I think that pic was showing that the car was equipped with ESP also nothing more . Wipers and lights are on the same side . Same as my Focus . On the left it's the turn signal with the 3 blinks feature when you slightly move the lever up or down , without engaging the cam .
Gabriel,Apr 3 2010, 06:34 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 3 2010, 05:59 PM Wrote:Interesting dash but I'm not a fan of scattering the warning lights around the dashboard.  I'd rather have them all in one place so that I know where I should be looking for them.

Dual climate zone in a Focus?  Man that's upscale :D (and even money says its not even an option when the new Focus arrives here)

NefCanuck

Daniel , those lights only come on all at once when you first turn the key ! :lol: They're not so "scattered " .How hard is to see both dials at once ? I think that pic was showing that the car was equipped with ESP also nothing more . Wipers and lights are on the same side . Same as my Focus . On the left it's the turn signal with the 3 blinks feature when you slightly move the lever up or down , without engaging the cam .
[right][snapback]304410[/snapback][/right]

I just like having all the "idiot lights" in one place (I guess I'm strange like that) but when I see them all over the dashboard like that I'm thinking the designer was like "Meh, doesn't matter where they go, no one pays attention to them anyways".

So the stalk on thee right is only for the rear wiper then? Kinda hard to tell from the picture.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 3 2010, 07:54 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,Apr 3 2010, 06:34 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]304410[/snapback][/right]

I just like having all the "idiot lights" in one place (I guess I'm strange like that) but when I see them all over the dashboard like that I'm thinking the designer was like "Meh, doesn't matter where they go, no one pays attention to them anyways".

So the stalk on thee right is only for the rear wiper then? Kinda hard to tell from the picture.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]304411[/snapback][/right]

It's for the front wipers and if you pull to you engages the rear wiper . What you see on the left is the turn signal and that up-down thing is for the on board computer display menu . Also this car has Steering settings - Normal , Comfort and Sport . It seems that steering is electric but I tell you on Sport mode feels just as good as my SVT . Overall it's got the same type of layout -turn signal , lights , wiper switch , etc- only more and better . I am not trying to convince anybody of anything , I just like the car and shared my impressions about it .
i see a USDM coolant bottle!!!! sorta lmao
could've use a bigger turbo... :D
NefCanuck,Apr 3 2010, 06:54 PM Wrote:I just like having all the "idiot lights" in one place
maybe i'm missing something but aside from the airbag light and what looks to be a snowflake for possible frost/ice on the road, all of the idiot lights are in the same place. not like the focus where they were all over the cluster.
are you going to any scrap yards :) and mailing your sell back lots of euro bits :D
Spinal,Apr 3 2010, 08:14 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 3 2010, 06:54 PM Wrote:I just like having all the "idiot lights" in one place
maybe i'm missing something but aside from the airbag light and what looks to be a snowflake for possible frost/ice on the road, all of the idiot lights are in the same place. not like the focus where they were all over the cluster.
[right][snapback]304428[/snapback][/right]

I'm comparing it to the Fusion, which has most of the idiot lights in a nice rectangle under the gap between the speedo & tach) Only things off to the left of the tach are the traction control & transmission problem lights.

Yeah the Focus, even with the refresh in '05 had the lights a bit scattered, first time I heard the low fuel warning chime I was all like "WTF?" until I saw the gas tank icon on the far right.

NefCanuck
Spinal,Apr 3 2010, 09:14 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]304428[/snapback][/right]

IMO all the warning lights are visible and close enough . You are right about the snowflake , it came on when the thermometer showed 3 degrees Celsius outside .
Jmountney1,Apr 3 2010, 08:23 PM Wrote:are you going to any scrap yards  :)  and mailing your sell back lots of euro bits :D
[right][snapback]304430[/snapback][/right]

EDM Head and Tail Lights please, F&R bumpers while you are at it. :lol:
Ford C-Max that we rented.

[Image: IMG_1782.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1786.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1785.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1784.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1787.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1788.jpg]
NikiterZTS,Apr 4 2010, 07:59 PM Wrote:Ford C-Max that we rented.

[Image: IMG_1788.jpg]
[right][snapback]304505[/snapback][/right]

Little but it does a good job , HERE :
[Image: IMG_4393.jpg]
As I promised , here are some pics of the German and Austrian Hwy on a sunday ...
[Image: IMG_4393.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4391.jpg]
Relaxed driving ...
[Image: IMG_4390.jpg]
... later on I see the sign I love " End of ALL restrictions " . So hit it !
[Image: IMG_4397.jpg]
Go shorty !
[Image: IMG_4398.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4399.jpg]
Nobody on the left lane ? Where are the pick-up trucks and vans to hold you up ? No one to show you the finger ? Something is wrong here ...
[Image: IMG_4391.jpg]
Slow down Herr Wolesley from 400 screams !
[Image: IMG_4392.jpg]
Hallo , Vienna calling
[Image: IMG_4400.jpg]
Oops , who's that ? It's the Kangoo !
[Image: IMG_4407.jpg]
Sweet I love driving on euro highways but have never had the chance to go to germany but one day I will and it won't have a 180 cut off thats for sure.