FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sho Dreamin'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
2010 Taurus is up and running on the Ford site under Build and Price!!
$48Gs?

FAIL - you're doing it right!
Now they just need to bring us a new Focus with EcoBoost :)
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 18 2009, 09:12 AM Wrote:$48Gs?

[right][snapback]289730[/snapback][/right]

Um, I picked the limited AWD, and every option under the sun, and it came out to $39,000

darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 09:24 AM Wrote:

Um, I picked the limited AWD, and every option under the sun, and it came out to $39,000
[right][snapback]289733[/snapback][/right]
.com or .ca?
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 09:24 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]289733[/snapback][/right]

I went to .ca, gave it every option under the sun and it came to over $53Gs.

Then it asked me if I knew where John Connor was. :ph34r:
The website, the car and Ford lost my interest as soon as they asked for my postal code.

They sure must lose a lot of business that way, dumbasses.
2001 ZTS,Jun 18 2009, 08:47 AM Wrote:The website, the car and Ford lost my interest as soon as they asked for my postal code.

They sure must lose a lot of business that way, dumbasses.
[right][snapback]289737[/snapback][/right]

Thing is though, there are regional (and even dealer specific) incentives in some cases so you would need to give them a postal code to get an "accurate" price quote.

Though frankly I defy anyone to option out their choice of car, print out the spec / price result and march down to your local dealership and be able to actually get that car / price combo without having to wait forever or get the attempted strong arming tactics to take what they either have, or can easily get in a dealer trade.

Thank god for having connections, I don't need that headache anymore.

NefCanuck
oldeguy,Jun 18 2009, 09:27 AM Wrote:.com or .ca?
[right][snapback]289734[/snapback][/right]

hmm.. maybe there's a benefit to living in Toronto?

[Image: ford-taurus-price.png]

I'll buy a couple dozen of these and sell them to you rural boys for a tidy profit! woot!

Anyone want cheap mustangs and fusions?
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 10:35 AM Wrote:Anyone want cheap mustangs and fusions?
[right][snapback]289746[/snapback][/right]

no
2001 ZTS,Jun 18 2009, 11:50 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 10:35 AM Wrote:Anyone want cheap mustangs and fusions?

no
[right][snapback]289751[/snapback][/right]

epic.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 11:35 AM Wrote:

I'll buy a couple dozen of these and sell them to you rural boys for a tidy profit! woot!

that is the wrong model and wrong year!

DP = FAIL
Gravter,Jun 18 2009, 01:14 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 11:35 AM Wrote:

that is the wrong model and wrong year!

DP = FAIL
[right][snapback]289768[/snapback][/right]

EPIC FAIL! :lol: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks for your postal code Steve!

Now you're going to get TWICE the crap in the mail! I should option one out in pink and tell them I am interested in hearing back from a dealer, preferably a real hairy one.

:fag:
ahh.. gotcha.. didn't see the 2010 button..

on to my next rebuttal --

Ford brings a high performance model in, and people complain about the price-- the same people who complain that ford doesn't bring anything cool over.

I may be retarded, but at least I'm not that retarded.
anyone see the new 2010 stangs in person? I just can't love the look -- they look like an R/C car someone left out in the sun too long. -- it's a wilted version of the stang.
Colony Ford in Brampton is cheaper, The admin Fee is only $299 Lowest around.
I found other cities and even the Dealership on Vankurk to be more $$$.
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 01:17 PM Wrote:anyone see the new 2010 stangs in person?  I just can't love the look -- they look like an R/C car someone left out in the sun too long. -- it's a wilted version of the stang.
[right][snapback]289780[/snapback][/right]

Seen a fair number of them up close as I make Dixie Ford all the richer on parts / service.

The rear end of the '10 Mustang leaves me cold and the car overall inches closer to a new Camaro then I personally like <_<

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 02:17 PM Wrote:anyone see the new 2010 stangs in person?  I just can't love the look -- they look like an R/C car someone left out in the sun too long. -- it's a wilted version of the stang.
[right][snapback]289780[/snapback][/right]

I personally like the 2010 Stangs, and would gladly pony up for one if I had the extra cash right now. *rimshot*

As for the Taurus WHOA, that price tag is ridonkulous. It's at least 10Gs higher than reasonable.

Problem 1: it's a Taurus.

Problem 2: See problem #1.

I'll take a Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B (GPS NAV is standard) with plenty of cash left over for mods and gas. The last test results I saw show the Spec.B being just as quick as the SHO while also easier on gas. Imagine that. Plus, the Spec.B comes with the STI suspension guys, SI-Drive and a Torsen limited-slip rear diff.

C&D SHO road test article: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li...s_sho_road_test

More of the growing sentiment comes out: it weighs over two tons, mixes it up with G8 GTs but costs WAY more. It's almost like buying a hybrid Ford without the eco incentives for doing so.
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 01:16 PM Wrote:Ford brings a high performance model in, and people complain about the price-- the same people who complain that ford doesn't bring anything cool over.[right][snapback]289779[/snapback][/right]

NOS2Go4Me,Jun 18 2009, 02:15 PM Wrote:As for the Taurus WHOA, that price tag is ridonkulous. It's at least 10Gs higher than reasonable.

Problem 1: it's a Taurus.

Problem 2: See problem #1.[right][snapback]289786[/snapback][/right]

See, that's what I've been saying all along. Everybody here complained that they didn't bring Europe's performance Focus over here, but when it comes to putting out the money people would pooh-pooh it because it's "still a focus".
Pages: 1 2 3