FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A Few Problems With My Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey recently i noticed when i start the car, the left side headlights always turns on first before the right side...before, they used to turn on at the same time. Is this a problem that should be looked at?

Also...damn...this is like the 5th time i've asked this, the moonroof is continuing to rattle when opening and closing from the vent position...i've had that rattle since 1 week after i got the car and everytime i go in for oil change, i asked them to fix it...and 1 week later, the rattle comes back...i'll try to get some video and sound of it so its easier for members to understand.
I've never heard about the headlight problem.

My sunroof had to be oiled twice and finally properly adjusted before it stopped making a noise.
I will be going for an oil change sometime this week. And I just wanted to check all these problems with FocusCanada first to make sure these problems are not normal...

The following video shows the headlight isn't in sync when initially turning on the car...but turning the car off and back on again, the headlights are in sync again. Is this a battery problem? Also, the moonroof rattling noise...its been looked at everytime i go in for oil change and they do fix it...and 1 week after the oil change, this rattling noise comes back again. I've made sure the track and the area around the moonroof is cleaned throughout the summer too

http://media.putfile.com/100_1435

Another problem i've found is the brakes, sometimes in heavy traffic when i press on the brakes, it seems to lose pressure and the pedal needs to be pushed all the way into the floor like a clutch...not sure if this is a general Focus problem or just my brakes
Spyder01,Sep 27 2005, 02:17 PM Wrote:Another problem i've found is the brakes, sometimes in heavy traffic when i press on the brakes, it seems to lose pressure and the pedal needs to be pushed all the way into the floor like a clutch...not sure if this is a general Focus problem or just my brakes
[right][snapback]145111[/snapback][/right]

Not a general Focus problem. A few things it could be... leak in the brake line, air in the lines, master needs replacing... certainly not a normal problem tho
Just to make sure you don't have a serisous problem with your brake system go have a look at your brake fluid level. If it's allright fine, you're fluid is probably due to be repalced. Brakes are important and you don't wanna test them until they fail beleive me. :ph34r:

Having to press you brake pedal to the floor to get any reaction even once in a while is not good.

They only need to fail once to get you in trouble.
Actually i checked the fluid just after the last oil change 4 months ago...it was near the "low" line...however, dealership never topped it off even though the package i paied for clearly stated that they would top off all fluids...guess they only top it off when the level is below the low line...close doesn't count. Im due for my next brake service 4 months from now, the next oil change.

If everything doesn't go perfectly this time around, where can i actually file a complaint against a dealership? Do i e-mail the customer care thing on ford.ca?? The dealership thinks im all noob and try to get away with everything :(... "oh you shouldn't drive the car if the brakes only apply when the pedal is all the way down, just leave the car with us tonight and pick it up tomorrow night"...

Have you guys seen the video file? Noticed the headlights not being in sync?? is that a batttery problem? i don't really mind if the headlight isn't in sync when initally turning on...just wanted to make sure its not sumthing melting or starting to fail...