FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Who Drives Their Car Year Round?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just outa curiosity, who drives their car year round? I know there's alot of you who park it all winter, but who actually uses their car for a car?

Edit: Oh ya, i drive mine year round also!
my car sees more mileage in the winter than the summer
All year round for me. This will be my first winter in the Focus, I'm curious to see how agressive the traction control is when the snow files (I already know the seat heaters are nice used 'em last night on the ride home after helping a friend put their Stunbird back together.... AGAIN! <_< )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 25 2005, 05:15 PM Wrote:I'm curious to see how agressive the traction control is when the snow files
[right][snapback]144666[/snapback][/right]

Dude, there must be some smart snow in Missisauga... where I work humans have to do the filing.

All year round for me.. 15's will be going back on in no time :(
Raine,Sep 25 2005, 06:35 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 25 2005, 05:15 PM Wrote:I'm curious to see how agressive the traction control is when the snow files
[right][snapback]144666[/snapback][/right]

Dude, there must be some smart snow in Missisauga... where I work humans have to do the filing.

All year round for me.. 15's will be going back on in no time :(
[right][snapback]144673[/snapback][/right]

Whoopsie :P Spellcheck can't correct brain farts :lol:

NefCanuck
I drive both the cars year round and spend the rest of my time making fun of people who park a Ford Focus for the winter like it is some exotic Italian sports car or something.
14s go back on next weekend :(
I'm just curious if the winter will make my nice shiny exhaust pipes not so shiny any more.... As well parking my car in the winter will help keep the mileage off it! That is why I might get a beater, but I'm still undecided as of yet.

Answer to question: Undecided

15 winters will go on soon and will drive the car all year around, I'm actually looking into the winter, Im tired of 17 low profiles, too hard a ride. Cant wait for the 15's to go back on
All year around for the SPI, it gets no breaks, and i doesn't sxpect them either
all year round for me too,
like the odometre says, 26 months of ownership and 95000 kms!!!!
LOL
I do. Use 15" with winter's in winter.
yup..drive my car all year round. 14" winter tires/wheels are going on sometime in november.
i do just put winter tiores on instead of the BFG kdw's
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 25 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:14s go back on next weekend :(
[right][snapback]144681[/snapback][/right]

Isn't it too early to put in winter tires? you'll finish the tread before winter comes.
Jaspher,Sep 25 2005, 09:48 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 25 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:14s go back on next weekend :(
[right][snapback]144681[/snapback][/right]

Isn't it too early to put in winter tires? you'll finish the tread before winter comes.
[right][snapback]144720[/snapback][/right]

not in these northern winters lol..we get snow usually mid october, so right now is perfect timing to miss the rush of other northerners doing the rush
I do. I didn't pay $25k to have it sit around like a pile of cold shat all winter...
We drive both the ZTW and Marauder through the winter with snows/wheels. I've had a few winter beaters in the past, and I'd rather drive my real car all year and not have to worry about it starting, leaking fluids, passing emissions, or general repairs for a shitbox.

Plus I was the worst driver when I didn't care about the pail I was driving!

The question should be 'Who doesn't drive their car all year?'.
I bought this car because my old car wouldnt have made it through another winter.. so not driving this thing during the winter would sort of defeat the purpose, eh :P

Now I'm just wondering if my tires will be good enough for another winter, or if I should look for a set of steelies and winter rubber..
mines driven all year round... the 15's are going back on sometime in nov probably
Pages: 1 2