FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: High Revs When I First Start.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find when I first start the focus in the morning or after letting it sit for a long time ( 3+ hours) it revs really high, then comes back down to normal, now it only does this when I first start it. Is this normal? I'm asking to put my mind at ease. Thanks! :)
how high is high?
is it running up to like 6000rpm or more like 3000rpm?
my car will rev to around 3000rpm on most cold starts and hang at like 2000rpm and then settle down to around 1400rpm till it starts to warm up before dropping down to idle.
ZX3TUNING,Sep 25 2005, 08:09 PM Wrote:how high is high?
is it running up to like 6000rpm or more like 3000rpm?
my car will rev to around 3000rpm on most cold starts and hang at like 2000rpm and then settle down to around 1400rpm till it starts to warm up before dropping down to idle.
[right][snapback]144631[/snapback][/right]

Well I dont have a tach gauge so i'm not exactly sure. But is it normal for the focus's to go up in revs when you start it? why does it do that?
Turn off your car.... Then push in the Trip meter than start it up.

ah heck follow this link to see how you can check your RPM's.

Gauge test
My '05 Duratec starting from cold will run at about 2K for about 30 seconds until it drops to a sub 1K idle speed. That's during reasonable weather. I have no idea what it'll do when it gets really chilly outside (Of course its garaged at home & work so the only time I'll find out is on the weekends)

NefCanuck
Ok checked it today, it revs up to 2400rpm then settles back down. Ok, theres nothing wrong, i'm good. :D