FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fog Inside Of Headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
whats the best way to get rid of this stupid fog that has got insead my headlights?
If you have warranty, they should replace the headlight for you..

I've heard of people taking them out, taking the bulb out and then using a blow dryer to try and get inside the lense.. not sure how well that works though.
they are aftermarket headlights... 02+ chrome ones if that makes a difference
the fog is from the backing plate not being there. it will clear once the car is run for a while. i'm having a hell of a time trying to get the little metal clips that hold the backing plates on for you...
hyprlte,Sep 25 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:whats the best way to get rid of this stupid fog that has got insead my headlights?
[right][snapback]144614[/snapback][/right]

Do you have a hole or crack in your headlight? Then get a new one.
yes, he has a big hole in his headlights... the backing plates are not on and the moisture is getting in through the backing plate hole...

he doesn't need new headlights!

:)
actually i taped the backing plate on but moisture still got through
hmmm?
is the seal on the backing plate fully in the groove or damaged at all?
If they are '02 Euro Ford headlights they are vented anyways. They are not sealed.
bluetoy,Sep 26 2005, 06:27 AM Wrote:If they are '02 Euro Ford headlights they are vented anyways. They are not sealed.
[right][snapback]144793[/snapback][/right]
Is this correct?
yes and no
there are vents but they are "Pressure Equalization" vents and capped off.
if the caps are gone and the backing plate is on tight then this could the the cause of hte fog. there should be 2 little grey caps, on in the top corner near the tab that bolts to the fender and on on the bottom corner beside the turn signal socket on the backside of the housings.
Silicone the fooker shut?