FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fuel Pump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently did a full interior and exterior cleaning of my focus (Zx4) and i accidentally pushed the "Fuel Pump reset" button, not realising what it was until i went through my manual....can someone tell me what this will do if i press this?

I think the button is for to reset the fuel pump. If you get hit really hard, or hit a curb really hard (like I did once) the fuel pump kicks out so that if you were in an accident fuel is not being pumped up to the engine still. The button turns the fuel pump back on after that happens. So I don't think that it should do anything at this point.
unless it was in the closed or up position you didn't do anything :lol:
is this the button by the passenger foot area?
well i heard, while i was in a meeting with the secret squirrels, that this button is actually a self destruct button....it's true...push it and you'll see (better run away really fast though)
Smith21,Sep 25 2005, 5:00PM Wrote:is this the button by the passenger foot area
[right][snapback]144602[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is.
Sakic #7,Sep 26 2005, 12:33 AM Wrote:
Smith21,Sep 25 2005, 5:00PM Wrote:is this the button by the passenger foot area
[right][snapback]144602[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is.
[right][snapback]144771[/snapback][/right]

Exactly what others said. Its a reset switch fo rthe fuel pump. I hit a pothole a few years ago and my car died. The tow truck dood pushed that button and my car started right up!!