FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Farmer Andrew?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really don't know what to say, I kind of have that dumbfounded WTF look when I read some of the posts around here:

http://www.thestar.com/article/651938

:wtf:
Thank fawking gawd, something worth reading on the forums.
So.........who wants to mod one of these?

[Image: chicken.jpg]
Done! LOL

[Image: RobotChicken_S1.jpg]
I came out one day to find my neighbors kid chasing 2 baby ducks and 2 baby chickens. Apparently his mother bought them from a farm.

She no speak engrish mush, so she didn't quote understand that its not appropriate in a townhouse to keep ducks and chickens.

Guess this law is just for ppl like that :)
hardk0re,Jun 17 2009, 05:58 PM Wrote:She no speak engrish mush, so she didn't quote understand that its not appropriate in a townhouse to keep ducks and chickens.
[right][snapback]289711[/snapback][/right]

There are reasons they put laws in place decades ago banning farming in one's backyard; public health. I know a few "progressive thinking" cities like Van and Seatle were quoted in the article as allowing it already. I guess Calcutta and any shathole in Bangladesh can also be considered progressive as well in that case? Can't wait till Toronto attains their status *rolleyes*

If it were just a few hippie granola heads in Toronto with a stash of a couple chickens for organic eggs all would be fine; I't be like pot essentially is now. To open such a legal loophole in such a "diverse" *cough* community is an invitation to disaster.

You can't tell me there wouldn't be people keeping them for food, keeping them for cock fighting, the line soon starts to blur from chickens to ducks and geese and soon enough house kept ducks and geese start getting it on with migratory ducks and geese from say Mexico and in time.....................

The rats and racoons are having a Field Day here already and now every house is going to have livestock?

As I said, these by-laws from the old days were made for a reason.

Mayor Miller is SUCH a tool. OMG!

guess you've never seen The F Word.
I know the "F WORD" show and the idea behind it which is why I said:

"If it were just a few hippie granola heads in Toronto with a stash of a couple chickens for organic eggs all would be fine; I't be like pot essentially is now."

If it were just educated people who knew as much as those, as you, me and those others who appreciate and comprehend the bigger picture all would be grand.

I am the perfect candidate to raise TWO hens as proposed, take good care of them, have sufficient room to do so, would enjoy doing it with my child, would enjoy educating him as to where food REALLY comes from and would probably knock one of them off for dinner myself once a year as is good practice and understand all the legitimate reasons for such a bylaw. Any hen who would spend it's time on my "ranch" would be better off than the best factory farm. Any hen raised on a balcony in a immigrant slum hi rise would jump if it could.

Love me or hate me I am within the top 5% of this city's population and can do it right.

My point is throwing the door wide open will lead to abuse and such abuse would be greater than any "feed farm" nightmare". You are in Sask, meanwhile across the river from me are 100's of apartment buildings no less than 30 stories high already cockroach infested, rat infestested, racoon infested, more people live there than your Province and they may be soon be allowed to have chickens?

You just don't know what it is like here; I DO
F' that, I am getting chickens.
Focus man, Focus.,Jun 17 2009, 09:54 PM Wrote:F' that, I am getting chickens.
[right][snapback]289716[/snapback][/right]

I already keep chickens in the house ....

breasts, legs, thighs ... sliced, diced, and keeping nicely in the freezer in the basement.

The day after any of my neighbours starts keeping chickens in their backyard is the day I go hunting for a fox (figuratively, not literally) ... if they want to keep them in their living room and it doesn't affect me at all (as in I don't know about it), well I guess I won't have anything to say about it then.

Jesus....

That's why I'm glad our condo has the rule in place "No pets, no fish, no fowl, no livestock"

Last thing I want to do is share my home with something this cluckin' insane :P

NefCanuck
In Guelph you can keep fowl on your property, as long as it's coop/barn is 100m from ANY home/building/waterway/easement etc. This is smart, it means your own coop has to be 100m away from your house, your neighbors and anything else. Nowhere in the actual city can you plant a coop without it coming within a 100m of something else. It does let the quasi-farmers (and our hippies) who already live on the fringe of town have fowl.
This is about as stupid as stupid gets.

I could have sworn that the reason why we turn to asia for the next wave of flu pandemics is due to their proximity to livestock, (and poor sanitation).

what does allowing chickens really do for the city other than alllowing another avenue of unregulated pollution and disease.

My neighbours are already a great source of cockroaches and pigeon shat already... I don't need the sounds of distressed hens passing eggs every morning to add to my city-dwelling experience as well.

just another example of a decent idea being passed on to the idiot masses once again.
Could you imagine what Brampton would look like?

[Image: chawri-bazaar01.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Jun 18 2009, 12:03 PM Wrote:Could you imagine what Brampton would look like?

[right][snapback]289754[/snapback][/right]

and where's the 'after' pic?
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 12:22 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 18 2009, 12:03 PM Wrote:Could you imagine what Brampton would look like?

[right][snapback]289760[/snapback][/right]

hey, hey ... don't make me come over there!
OH GOSH!
ZTWsquared,Jun 18 2009, 12:44 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2009, 12:22 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]289760[/snapback][/right]

hey, hey ... don't make me come over there!
[right][snapback]289771[/snapback][/right]
I think I see Ken and his green buggy in the background.
:lol:
I reckon'

yup

(practicing)
Pages: 1 2