FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Broken Seats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the little handle that flips the seats forward so people can get into the back seat broke off last nite. So now both of those handles are broken off, does anyone know if there is a way to fix them? can i buy just that part from ford? Any help or ideas you guys might have would be appreciated

Matt
mine broke off while the car was under warranty and they fixed it for free. Just tell them your foot hit it while trying to exit the car.

goodluck
That or go to a scrap yard if it's out of warentee.
You have to replace the entire side bracket. Best bet is to try the wreckers, if you can't swing the warranty angle. I replaced one from the dealership and it was a little over $100 I believe. Now both of mine are broken again, and none of the wreckers around me had any two doors last I checked, so I just use a flat head screwdriver if need be. I think I might just replace the seats with a non Ford product when I get around to it, probably end up being less expensive in the long run, after already breaking three of them.
I have two stock seats outta my zx3 for sale!!!!

I have the exact same problem...my sisters bf broke the white metal threaded body too. My dad took it to Ford, and got a parts and pricelist of all that's involved. I know that they have to take the seat apart to replace the bracket and then re-stitch it back together. Ends up being a few hundred I think. I'll go back and find that info and post it up...
Pls do.. mine's been broken for over a year now..
Should have bought a sedan. :P
Ya but if i'd done that the back doors prolly woulda just broke instead, honestly its a Ford, screwed if ya do, screwed if ya don't....lol
No restitiching, i did it on my zx3 in less than an hour... buy the assembly. i paid 81.00 for it.

then unbolt the seat from its frame, and theres one or two clips that hold the fabrick seat cover over the seat assembely. and then theres another few bolts.

Real easy stuff...

Under an hour with removing and reinstalling the seat in the car.

If you have any other questions LMK...
habmann,Sep 28 2005, 09:21 AM Wrote:Ya but if i'd done that the back doors prolly woulda just broke instead, honestly its a Ford, screwed if ya do, screwed if ya don't....lol
[right][snapback]145243[/snapback][/right]
Hey... watch your language around here! B)
scoobasteve,Sep 28 2005, 07:50 AM Wrote:No restitiching, i did it on my zx3 in less than an hour... buy the assembly. i paid 81.00 for it.

then unbolt the seat from its frame,  and theres one or two clips that hold the fabrick seat cover over the seat assembely. and then theres another few bolts.

Real easy stuff...

Under an hour with removing and reinstalling the seat in the car.

If you have any other questions LMK...
[right][snapback]145261[/snapback][/right]
I did mine, but didn't need to remove the seat form the car.
are you talking about the handle that is on the side of the seat back or the seat base? both are broken on my car and have been forever.
i'm tempted just to upgrade to 03+ ZX3 seats or SVT seats than have the hand-pull in that seat rather than fixing the ones i have. plus i think the 03+ and SVTs also have the tilt/s;ide function which is sorely lacking from my seats!