FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Iphone 3.0 / Itouch 3.0 Firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those of you who have an iTouch or an iPhone with the 2.2.1, I heard we're getting the 3.0 firmware release today, or maybe even tomorrow. it will add A2DP support so you can stream stereo music through your bluetooth connection to stereo bluetooth receiver or a radio with bluetooth a2dp support like the one in the new focus and fusions have. For the iTouch, you simply buy a bluetooth dongle that plugs into the i/o port of the iTouch and it enables bluetooth capability, then you can use third party wireless headsets with your iTouch or iPhone such as the motorola Rokr S9, which you can pick up for under 50 bucks now a days.
Okay now if that's actually legit (IE: can use an iTouch / Iphone) over BT with the SYNC without having to have the physical connection, that's pretty cool.

My only concern would be the speed of command responses from the steering wheel controls over BT vs. the direct connection on the USB port in the car.

NefCAnuck
It should be quick I have a blue tooth system hooked to my Ipod and it works really fast, just don't stick a BB phone in between the 2 units lol... No connection.
Yup Newf canuck, the advantage you will notice is the A2DP connection will not only be wireless, but it will also support Play/Pause/Stop/ and possibly track seek/change funcitons wirelessly via the headunit with a built-in bluetooth receiver or third party bluetooth receivers such as the motorola rokr T505 with fm transmitter
My buddy has a IPhone and had it JailBroken and was wondering if he updates does he need to JailBroken it again??????
His Software Version is 2.21 Currently.
Scorcher000,Jun 17 2009, 10:28 AM Wrote:My buddy has a IPhone and had it JailBroken and was wondering if he updates does he need to JailBroken it again??????
His Software Version is 2.21 Currently.
[right][snapback]289681[/snapback][/right]

Quite likely the answer is yes. Almost every update has given jailbroken iPhones issues, up to and including outright bricking the thing.

Best advice is to wait to upgrade until there is a hack fopr the new firmware to avoid issues.

NefCanuck
Cool thanx
there is no need to jailbrake it. if you update it to the new 3.0 firmware like I have, you can do tethering natively now on the iphone without having to jail brake it and run a non-signed third party app to do so.

what was the purpose of you jail breakign yours anyways?
paolo,Jun 17 2009, 11:03 AM Wrote:what was the purpose of you jail breakign yours anyways?
[right][snapback]289687[/snapback][/right]
It wasn't his, but his "buddy's". ;)
Jailbreak = Free Apps and not paying Apple for upgrades. I am still running 1.1.5 and there is no way I am paying Apple $20.00 for a software upgrade to 2.2.1. I had a huge argument with them over not being able to purchase the software with an iTunes gift card. They wanted my credit card info. To me money is money why not take it from me. They wouldn't budge and their CS Dept sucks donkey balls.
Ya he figured it out on his own, read the info from some site. He gets all these apps some costing like $150 for free. Crazy wish someone has one for the BB