FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 1 Of Many More To Come
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Street racing blitz" :rolleyes:

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/200...16381.html

sounds like they caught a bunch of speeders, not street racers.

gotta love the media.
250??!! that is an outrageouse number......seriosly thats like stopping every 15th car.......Jesus.

Is this pronice really starving for money?
Oh here we go............. :rolleyes:

just wait for it to chime in.

Set phasers on ignore if you haven't already.
2001 ZTS,Jun 16 2009, 02:57 PM Wrote:Oh here we go............. :rolleyes:

just wait for it to chime in.

Set phasers on ignore if you haven't already.
[right][snapback]289608[/snapback][/right]

holy batman anger?
:P
god forbid we have a decent conversation around here.

queue meford's useless post!

EDIT: I'll do it for you Bryan: You're spelling sucks shorty!
Thing is, they can only do so many "blitzes" (usually for reasons of manpower, equipment etc.) so for every blitz to have maximum "effect" they have to use the screaming headlines and the Chicken Little "The Sky Is Falling" level hysteria, to try and "educate" the masses <_<

I'd like some of these headline writers to actually look at the facts behind their breathless (and brainless) headlines, but that's like asking for world peace :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Wow that is such bulls*** 250 cars.
Tiketz,Jun 16 2009, 05:18 PM Wrote:Wow that is such bulls*** 250 cars.
[right][snapback]289630[/snapback][/right]

250 cars going 10 over the limit. Each one of those bastards should fight each and every ticket.
Put everything in context and think it out/for yourself.

I just love to compare 250 stops in a day of a blitz to how many stops are made in Ottawa Region any other day. My bet it is close to 250 and and I bet "dozens" of tickets get handed out each and everyday.

They probably handed out "dozens" of tickets in the few hours they had a radar trap on O'Conner Drive just at the end of my street in just a couple hours this evening. That is just one trap. There is an illegal right turn at certain hours on my way home and every once in a while there is a "trap" and there are three cops writing tickets steady for hours.

All that is happened here is some cub reporter picked up a press release from the cops and gave them exactly what the cops wanted, PUBLICITY.

Just pure media hype in the hopes that people in general will get it in their brain for few days and slow down in general for a few days until it is all forgotten. People are STUPID, just look around this place.

They aren't going to save the city budget with these sort of "blitzes" in fact they will likely loose money with all the cop OT.
I laughed when I first read it. :)

I was actually out on Friday night, to Merivale and Meadowlands, the main target of the night. The plane was circling overhead from about 9:30 until 11:30. I heard sirens maybe 3 times throughout the night, pulling over mainly stupid kids in mommy and daddy's BMW trying to show how much better it is than a Civic... :rolleyes:

The parking lot was full, lots of nice cars, lots of bikes, almost everybody behaved. Wherever the ticketing came from, it either happened after I left at midnight, or was nowhere near the cruise night, and they started ticketing everybody for everything.

Here is the parking lot, and it was FULL:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&...011373&t=h&z=17

And the environmental infractions? On the CTV news report about it, they showed the MOE going over a 1978 Camaro Z28. Um, isn't that outside of the E-test range? :lol:
If you don't want a ticket, don't speed.. it's that simple.

I've never gotten pissed off about speeding and getting caught -- if there's a legitimate reason then I'd fight it, but whatever, most of my speeding tickets are my own fault.

I've seen the majority of the drivers out there -- most of them could barely drive safely within the speed limit, much less 10km over it... so catch a bunch of stupid people, no skin off my back.
darkpuppet,Jun 16 2009, 09:40 PM Wrote:If you don't want a ticket, don't speed.. it's that simple.

I've never gotten pissed off about speeding and getting caught -- if there's a legitimate reason then I'd fight it, but whatever, most of my speeding tickets are my own fault.

I've seen the majority of the drivers out there -- most of them could barely drive safely within the speed limit, much less 10km over it... so catch a bunch of stupid people, no skin off my back.
[right][snapback]289642[/snapback][/right]

Good thing you bought a V6 .....hard to speed in that thing :)
NikiterZTS,Jun 16 2009, 11:36 PM Wrote:Good thing you bought a V6 .....hard to speed in that thing :)
[right][snapback]289650[/snapback][/right]

haha.. still faster than your mom's taurus :P ..

In the end, I don't care about speeding -- either way --

What I do believe in is awareness -- you should be aware of how fast you're going at all times, and if you're willing to deal with the consequences, then fine, go for it.

Why is it that everyone gets all up-tight about speeding blitzes? We should be able to do better than simply complain, "well, everyone does it". Just my opinion of course, but I AM getting more bitter in my old age....

Like the freakin' line of biker idiots following an ambulance tonight -- I gave way for the ambulance, but if I'm signalling to change into your lane, don't keep pulling up staggered-file into my blindspot -- thats how more of you end up in ambulances.

not to mention, I'm glad you guys can race once you're in gear, but c'mon, if you can't get into first cleanly, maybe you're driving the wrong vehicle.

</end rant>
Flofocus,Jun 16 2009, 03:18 PM Wrote:god forbid we have a decent conversation around here.

queue meford's useless post!

EDIT: I'll do it for you Bryan:  You're spelling sucks shorty!
[right][snapback]289619[/snapback][/right]
How about I add (instead of my usual useless post) that a cop friend of mine told me that over the 12th-22nd all police will be "on deck" to ticket whomever and whatever.

I normally don't see a cop on my way home at 3am, but tonite there was 2 radar traps and I saw another cop cruising around.

So play safe.

And what puppet said was so true. I do about 15-18km over the limit in a 80 or 100km/h zone. I realize I am speeding and willing to pay the fine if pulled over. You have no one to blame but yourself.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....

All I saw was a link to the SUNshine Girl Gallery ;)
1978 Camaro? Street racing. 10 over? Street racing. Blew a stop sign? Street racing.

It's not about getting pulled over, it's how the new stunting laws take away all of your rights at the side of a road - right to a fair trial, right to legal counsel, etc.

It's a tired saying, but it's true: if you drive a certain type / make / model of car, you're going to be profiled, pigeon-holed and discriminated against. We've allowed it to progress this far, so we're all a little to blame for the current situation of things. Not much, but a little in and of the fact we've all sat on our collective hands and done nothing about it.

OTOH, we were out uhm... cruising last night in my bud's 06 STi. Damn, EWGs scare the s***e out of people! :lol: No speed limits or bunny rabbits were harmed during the course of our cruise. :rolleyes:

Steve-o, people seem to have forgotten how to drive correctly when it comes to emergency vehicles. If you can see it / see it and hear it, pull over. If you're passing one on the side of the road, give space and slow down considerably. And above all - don't chase them so you can look "official" and drive faster! I've seen that last one twice this week alone!
darkpuppet,Jun 16 2009, 11:01 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jun 16 2009, 11:36 PM Wrote:Good thing you bought a V6 .....hard to speed in that thing :)
[right][snapback]289650[/snapback][/right]

haha.. still faster than your mom's taurus :P ..

[right][snapback]289652[/snapback][/right]

I know....but it would give you a good run :o :D
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 17 2009, 05:59 AM Wrote:Steve-o, people seem to have forgotten how to drive correctly when it comes to emergency vehicles. If you can see it / see it and hear it, pull over. If you're passing one on the side of the road, give space and slow down considerably. And above all - don't chase them so you can look "official" and drive faster! I've seen that last one twice this week alone!
[right][snapback]289658[/snapback][/right]

There's another big one you missed, saw this Monday afternoon as I was driving back from London after a meeting.

People driving faster (and I mean way faster, 30 - 40 km/h over the reduced posted limit of 80km/h) in a construction zone, with reduced / narrowed lanes and with workers and running heavy equipment present!

I mean come on people, it's not rocket science, slow the hell down (Hell, I wish a cop had been there picking people off on Monday <_<)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 17 2009, 10:40 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 17 2009, 05:59 AM Wrote:Steve-o, people seem to have forgotten how to drive correctly when it comes to emergency vehicles. If you can see it / see it and hear it, pull over. If you're passing one on the side of the road, give space and slow down considerably. And above all - don't chase them so you can look "official" and drive faster! I've seen that last one twice this week alone!

There's another big one you missed, saw this Monday afternoon as I was driving back from London after a meeting.

People driving faster (and I mean way faster, 30 - 40 km/h over the reduced posted limit of 80km/h) in a construction zone, with reduced / narrowed lanes and with workers and running heavy equipment present!

I mean come on people, it's not rocket science, slow the hell down (Hell, I wish a cop had been there picking people off on Monday <_<)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]289683[/snapback][/right]
On the 401 between Milton and where I run to in Guelph, if your not doing 130+, get out of the fast lane. Very high rates of speed just to keep pace in the fast lane.
meford4u,Jun 17 2009, 12:29 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 17 2009, 10:40 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]289683[/snapback][/right]
On the 401 between Milton and where I run to in Guelph, if your not doing 130+, get out of the fast lane. Very high rates of speed just to keep pace in the fast lane.
[right][snapback]289691[/snapback][/right]

Oh hell yes, when the way is clear I've taken to doing 115 in the right lane just to avoid getting run over out that way :ph34r: between that and the 407 generally, if you aren't doing at least 110km/h+, you're a roadblock that people will simply run over :o

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2