FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Hard Is It To Install Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, well, i'm sitting here, wondering when my exhaust is gonna be coming in, and hoping that i can have it for this sunday's cruise night. But what i was wondering, if it comes in tommoro, and most shops are closed weekend, would i be able to put this in myself? Is it really that hard?
easy, just have an angle grinder handy to make the cut... then its 2 bolts and some hangers to remove it... install is easier than removal

ive done it in half an hour...

1hr if youre gonna use a hacksaw.
I did mine last year, the only thing i would say that might be a problem is getting the front bolts off. Mine were totally seized, had to get them cut off, now if you've got a grinder or torch it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Cut the fvcker off will be your biggest problem
its easy..... I did mine back when I had my sedan. Loved the sound of the MBRP on that car

Use the force or this link whichever helps you the most :P
A Dremel are your friend. :P

Probably could cut it in 5 min and go through 2 disks. You could also use a skill saw with a metal cutting blade.
Yeah my bolts were totally seized to, have to cut them off, otherwards its pretty easy
I didnt have to cut mine, but the car did have 5000km when i did my exhaust
Its SOO easy to install an exhaust I can do it with my eyes closed and no experience, just raise the car a bit... seperate the rear resonator and muffler and cut-inbetween, unbolt/unhock everything, bolt up the new one piece by piece, install new exhaust hangers if necessary, and your done. I actually didnt install it myself though, even though I know its easy.
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 23 2005, 05:37 AM Wrote:A Dremel are your friend.  :P

Probably could cut it in 5 min and go through 2 disks.  You could also use a skill saw with a metal cutting blade.
[right][snapback]144154[/snapback][/right]

A bloody dremel man don't be foo. Use a sawzall.
6 bolts

any small grinder will work. buy a blade from cdn tire. Your set! I even seen some ppl cut there stock exahust off with dremels lol Takes a bit longer but what ever works.

I took mine off with a hack saw at a gas station.

02ztsian

I used a hacksaw, took 30 min to cut it off, then another 30 to remove the old exhaust. Word of advice, after you jack it up on jackstands hose down the front bolts with Liquid Wrench or WD-40 then do the rubber hangers as well. This will give it some time to work while you are cutting the exhaust. Big old prybar to pry off the rubber hangers. A case of beer at the standby. And, finally, do this late at night so when you test fire it you piss off your neighbours!
Well guys, i attempted it, with no luck, those damn bolts right after the flex are KILLING ME! They are seized on really good, and i tried getting ahold of a few garages to see if they can cut them off, but it's sunday, and all the lazy bastards are probably sitting on their ass having a cold beer! Anywyas, i'm booking an apointment at my muffler shop and gonna get them to do it either 2morro or tuesday. Thanks for the help tho guys
I used my angle grinder to cut off those bolts believe or not. They were are real pain in my ass