FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brake Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got some brake light issues with my 00 ZTS. My break light for my right side tail light doesn't turn on when stepping on the brake pedal, but it still works as when im driving the bulb is still on, its just when i step on it it doesnt go on. I'm thinking its something wrong with the brake light switch behind the pedal but i was wondering if someone would know otherwise.
CLB 3157 Check the bulb
Is your signal blinking faster than normal? The bulbs the Focus uses are dual filament... the brighter one might be burnt out while the lower one is still fuctional...
Raine,Sep 22 2005, 12:26 PM Wrote:Is your signal blinking faster than normal? The bulbs the Focus uses are dual filament... the brighter one might be burnt out while the lower one is still fuctional...
[right][snapback]143926[/snapback][/right]

Bingo.

Replace bulb.
check the pedal. My focus did the same thing, my brake light stayed on the whole time wether I was pressing on it or not.

I had to screw the sensor back in ontop of the pedal. there wasnt 100% full contact with the top part of the brake pedal.

thanks for the input, i appreciate it. Im going to check the bulb as well as the pedal just to be sure. I thought it would be best to consult you folks at focuscanada
my computer got pooched, cus none of my breaks or signals worked at one point.. they were completely off only the third brake lite worked, so ford fixed it under warranty