FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been listening to a fine tuned system for so long that I can't handle what's happening to the stock system. I have the stock deck powering some 6"x8" Infinity speakers. At higher volumes the speakers sound like their popping. Now I know this isn't good by why do my Infinity's do this and not my factory speakers that I had? How can I fix it besides the obvious "buy an amp" since my goal here is to turn the car back to stock!
Take my stock speakers and give me your infinitys? :P

They're popping because of a lack of power. If your speakers are rated about 15w RMS, then the stock deck is starving them for power. They are reproducing sound as best they can given what they have to work with. My MA 6x8's are rated at 75w RMS... even with an aftermarket deck they sounded like ass, and it wasn't until they were amped that the "popping" stopped.
need help as well....

my speakers are wisleling.....they are amped..could it be the amp not grounded correctly? or what?
focusonthis_88,Sep 20 2005, 12:56 PM Wrote:my speakers are wisleling
[right][snapback]143376[/snapback][/right]

I'm not too sure what this means... maybe whistling? In any case, is it like feedback? Or just like they're pushing a lot of air?
Solved my problem, I accidentally punched a hole through one of my front Infinity's so I went to futureshop and picked up a set of 3 way pioneers. They work perfectly.

As far as the whistling goes, it's probably a ground.
MAlby7,Sep 20 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:Solved my problem, I accidentally punched a hole through one of my front Infinity's so I went to futureshop and picked up a set of 3 way pioneers.  They work perfectly.

As far as the whistling goes, it's probably a ground.
[right][snapback]143416[/snapback][/right]

Did it make you feel better destroying your infinity speaker? :lol:

I think its a ground has well.