FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Night Shots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zero photochopping was done. I simply used different exposure settings. Enjoy

I took these on the north shore. No photochopping was done at all. Enjoy

[Image: nightshot1%20(Medium).jpg]
[Image: nightshot2%20(Medium).jpg]
[Image: nightshot3%20(Medium).jpg]
[Image: nightshot4%20(Medium).jpg]
[Image: nightshot5%20(Medium).jpg]
These were taken with a 15 second exposure and a F/2.5
COOL shots What Digital* / film (SLR?) camera are you using ? *(#MGs)
It looks like a toy.

Cool.
The last one wasn't photoshopped??
Raine,Sep 20 2005, 08:48 AM Wrote:The last one wasn't photoshopped??
[right][snapback]143345[/snapback][/right]

no would you like my original .raw files. Those last 2 shots were actually my first few getting the settings down. If you notice they are cropped a bit that's cause the flash flooded the ground. OH wait you can still see a bit. Again its all in the camera's stock setting.

The last 2 didn't have a long exposure like the first ones. I used 15 second exposures and 50-100 iso. F/stop was around 2.5 if I recall

As for what camera I used. Normally I would use my Canon SLR A1 however, I had my Canon A510 with me to take these
wow that looks awesome.. the colour of the car just.. comes out
u r pics are amazing!
those should be posters for ford!!! :D
Raine,Sep 20 2005, 11:48 AM Wrote:The last one wasn't photoshopped??

Maybe not photochopped but enhanced in great detail. I am not directing this at you, but show me a great picture that isn't enhanced or chopped and that is the makings of a great photographer. Leave the pics alone and let them be judged on their own merit.

And I would love to see the originals.
Very nice.
meford4u,Sep 21 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:
Raine,Sep 20 2005, 11:48 AM Wrote:The last one wasn't photoshopped??

Maybe not photochopped but enhanced in great detail. I am not directing this at you, but show me a great picture that isn't enhanced or chopped and that is the makings of a great photographer. Leave the pics alone and let them be judged on their own merit.

And I would love to see the originals.
[right][snapback]143683[/snapback][/right]

well, I hate to disappoint but, those are the originals. The only thing I did to those photos above was at a border and imprint watermarkings and my name on the bottom right hand corner. Nothing was enhanced on those photos.....NOTHING. But, believe what you may I do not edit my photo's unless they need it. I used my manual setting on my Canon A510

If you want to see other examples of my photos you can go to Canon Photography and do a search on my user name

better yet you can see some of my other photo's here focusBC.net
Photo's 3,6 and 9 have been edited the rest just cropped
Pleeeeeeeeeze

And the sky is purple everywhere. Isn't that a Prince song?

And the green grass is always bright melon green.

Are you using filters on your camera?

Look, they are nice shots. But give up the idea that this is an original shot. I am having a good chuckle with my wife right now, the professional photographer, about your "unedited" shots.

If you want to see how it's done without the fancy green/purple neon you've added, look at the shots I posted or just scroll down to the post of AnthonyD and that is a truly unedited shot.

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...pic=13129&st=20

I looked at the FociBC post and the unedited pics that you have posted are much better than this fancy stuff IMO
well, believe what you may and I respect your opinion but, I am telling you I have not edited these shots. The sky in the background is actually the city lights. I can't explain for you as much thought did not actually go into producing these shots. The only filters I own are on my SLR which was not used during these shots.

send your wifey my best regards :P

nice shots in that link btw :D
I'm pretty sure they're unedited. Looks like typical auto-whitebalance issues in low-light and lack of white in the unlit scene.