FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Just A Little Frustrated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I may....... Rogers came knocking at the door last week, and sold us their home phone, TV and internet, all for less than what we were paying for at Bell. Installler comes in yesterday.......So, the internet doesn't work, it seems I don't have an ethernet card, my son the computer genius somehow screwed that up, so he's going to be working on a fix, the home phone doesn't work, it keeps needing to be reset and the tv works. Seeing as how my wife needs to have a phone in case of an emergency, she has my Bell cellphone at home...................When i get home from work, either Bell will be in re-installing all of their equipment or Rogers will have given us some free stuff and fixed the problem.

Thanks, I feel better. Hope it doesn't sound like whining to PITA
oldeguy,Jun 16 2009, 05:42 AM Wrote:Thanks, I feel better. Hope it doesn't sound like whining to PITA
[right][snapback]289535[/snapback][/right]
Glad you're typing his and not saying it. That high pitched whining noise would be driving the neighbourhood dogs nuts by now.

:lol:
These initial deals are good, but be prepared to swap again to someone else. My damn rogers bill goes up what feels like every 2 months for some reason.

#1 reason I switched to starchoice, i'll be switching the rest of my services to other providers shortly too. Sadly I'll loose my kick ass rogers email :)
I had the same prob with the phone. But it worked it's self out after a bit and the bill did increase after 6 months of service but it is still about $60 cheaper than Bell. And the internet stays solid at 6,400+ kBS all day and all night compared to bell witch would be about 3,200 kBS - for the day and about 100 kBS right on the dot at 10:00PM every night. We were paying for 7MBS. But Rogers came at us one day and we said yes and I can't compaine with the services they provide, the only thing was they gave me a new box and my parents and sis go two old units for the digital TV.
should of just called Bell oldeguy and had them drop you're rates. They want to keep you and if rogers is punding at the door, it gives you the negotiating tool to get a better rate and they will give you a better rate.

I know lots complain about Bell, but you cant beat their home phone services, I've NEVER expereinced any downtime witht them, and that's with over 10 years of service. Same with my parents, home phoen always worked for them.

Satelitle services...well thats a whole other can of worms.
I've used the old "Starchoice is offering me this..." with Bell before, and it gets about 20% knocked off my bill. It goes up a little, I threaten to leave, and it goes down some more.

Flo, I was without Bell home phone for 3 days early in the spring. A work crew cut some fiber in the neighbourhood right outside the CO. :D The whole town was down!
Flofocus,Jun 16 2009, 09:30 AM Wrote:should of just called Bell oldeguy and had them drop you're rates.  They want to keep you and if rogers is punding at the door, it gives you the negotiating tool to get a better rate and they will give you a better rate.

I know lots complain about Bell, but you cant beat their home phone services, I've NEVER expereinced any downtime witht them, and that's with over 20 years of service.  Same with my parents, home phoen always worked for them.

[right][snapback]289554[/snapback][/right]
If Rogers doesn't fix the phone issue real quick, trust me, I'll be calling Bell back, from my Bell Cellphone. Our main complaint with Bell was the cost. We'll see what Rogers does................
I switched my home phone to Rogers a few years ago...

Other than that one time a helpful Rogers rep disconnected all my services because someone gave them the wrong address, and it took over a month to get my homephone back, the service has been pretty spot-on.

Of course, I still do my internet through Bell since cable isn't very robust in apartments... but that's about it... and bell sees it fit to cancel my dry loop every once in a while because there's no dial tone on it, but that's more a training issue than a service issue.

reldridge,Jun 16 2009, 10:24 AM Wrote:Flo, I was without Bell home phone for 3 days early in the spring. A work crew cut some fiber in the neighbourhood right outside the CO. :D The whole town was down!
[right][snapback]289557[/snapback][/right]

I think we can agree that this would be out of Bell's control. ;)
Flofocus,Jun 16 2009, 10:46 AM Wrote:
reldridge,Jun 16 2009, 10:24 AM Wrote:Flo, I was without Bell home phone for 3 days early in the spring. A work crew cut some fiber in the neighbourhood right outside the CO. :D The whole town was down!

[right][snapback]289562[/snapback][/right]
A smart marketing guy should have gone around to all the houses giving them cellphones to use during the outage
oldeguy,Jun 16 2009, 11:18 AM Wrote:

A smart marketing guy should have gone around to all the houses giving them cellphones to use during the outage
[right][snapback]289563[/snapback][/right]

by the time the cells would be setup, 1/2 would of had their service restored.

Most people have cell phones anyways.

reldridge & oldeguy; how long have you had bell telephone service, and how many times have you had to place a trouble ticket due to technical issues like cables being cut?

Yeah- thought so. :lol:
Flofocus,Jun 16 2009, 11:34 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jun 16 2009, 11:18 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]289563[/snapback][/right]

by the time the cells would be setup, 1/2 would of had their service restored.

Most people have cell phones anyways.

reldridge & oldeguy; how long have you had bell telephone service, and how many times have you had to place a trouble ticket due to technical issues like cables being cut?

Yeah- thought so. :lol:
[right][snapback]289564[/snapback][/right]
Because the cost of all three services we have, and the weather issue with satellite, we are trying Rogers. If they don't fix the phone issue, trust me, we'll be back at Bell. But, why wouldn't Bell give me a 40% reduction in my rate because of my loyalty not because I want to leave? I told the guy at the "retention desk" that if we come back to Bell, he can tell me he told me so.
Flofocus,Jun 16 2009, 08:30 AM Wrote:should of just called Bell oldeguy and had them drop you're rates.  They want to keep you and if rogers is punding at the door, it gives you the negotiating tool to get a better rate and they will give you a better rate.

I know lots complain about Bell, but you cant beat their home phone services, I've NEVER expereinced any downtime witht them, and that's with over 10 years of service.  Same with my parents, home phoen always worked for them.

Holy fawk is Nik giving english typing lessons?
meford4u,Jun 16 2009, 04:13 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 16 2009, 08:30 AM Wrote:should of just called Bell oldeguy and had them drop you're rates.  They want to keep you and if rogers is punding at the door, it gives you the negotiating tool to get a better rate and they will give you a better rate.

I know lots complain about Bell, but you cant beat their home phone services, I've NEVER expereinced any downtime witht them, and that's with over 10 years of service.  Same with my parents, home phoen always worked for them.

Holy fawk is Nik giving english typing lessons?
[right][snapback]289615[/snapback][/right]

Please stay ontopic, keep your garbage in the handicap section. :rolleyes:
people still use home phones? i heard the marketshare for a landline has been steadly declining, oh well. As for starchoice, arent they now called Shaw Satelight dish tv? Since we're on the question about bellus. my folks claim they are hearing their neighbours conversations on their home line. I actually got a chance to listen in once while on the phone and could hear it for myself,, yup my neighbours conversation, ie: cross talk. So I told my mother to phone up bells repair service, yada yada the next day, they disconnected my parents TN and connected a spare off one unused pair on the neighbours house. then I see all these markings on the lawn, thats apparently where bell will be digging to install a new underground cable. Well hope its successfull, because after thats all done, I was gonna call in and book an appointment to set them up with Acanac DSL, but not untill all the bell work is done, because before when they had DSL, they got slow speeds cus they were too far from the CO. Lets hope that I haev a talk with the bell contractor if i see him and ask him to make sure its closer to the CO.
Flofocus,Jun 16 2009, 11:34 AM Wrote:reldridge & oldeguy; how long have you had bell telephone service, and how many times have you had to place a trouble ticket due to technical issues like cables being cut?

Yeah- thought so.  :lol:
[right][snapback]289564[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I completely agree it is our of Bell's control. Having worked in the networking business and monitoring corporate networks worldwide, I realize s*** happens. I'm THANKFUL Bell is as good as they are here. Fawk, I've had customers in the past have to argue with their Haitian telco to bring back their POLE THAT THE LINES WERE ON! You don't pay on time, we take your pole! :lol:

There was also the time in Brazil when the monkeys broke into the central office, and took down a corporate network for a week... They fawked it good! :D
Quick update, Rogers fixed the phone, the first installer hooked it up to our alarm system...... so far so good. The computer issue has been looked after, so we'll see how things go from here.
its impossible to have a basic phone line (no features) with Bell thats cheaper than Rogers (3 features)

say what you want, but it is true.
StreetEdition,Jun 23 2009, 06:00 AM Wrote:its impossible to have a basic phone line (no features) with Bell thats cheaper than Rogers (3 features)

say what you want, but it is true.
[right][snapback]289969[/snapback][/right]

impossible?

lol
Bell

Basic line 18.95
system access fee 5.95
Touch tone 2.80
911 .19
Total: 27.89 + taxes

Rogers

Basic line 21.95
System Access fee 5.95
911 .19
TTY .22

Total 28.31

Technically with no discount or special packages they are cheaper (bell) for basic service.

But if you have internet or digital cable, you can get home phone with rogers at $31.31 + taxes for basic line, sys access fee, 911, 2 features (voicemail is an option), and 500 min of north america Long Distance.
and about 25% cheaper than bell when you compare apples to apples....
Pages: 1 2